Hang Cards

While MS Word and Excel can and do work fine, if you can beg, borrow, or steal a copy of FileMaker Pro,

FileMaker pro is a database program
"Access" is Microsoft's database program
OpenOffice has "Base"
LightWright is a specialized database

Any database program will be a bit more flexible than a spreadsheet
FileMaker is a great program but costly. You may already have Access as it comes with some versions of MS Office

Oh, and I'll just mention this. If you are looking at FileMaker Pro or Bento, Bento (while still a great app) doesn't handle printing very well. FileMaker does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveB,

Or a second file that you copy and past the fixtures into and then flip the electric in?

This.

I have not as yet gotten conversant with Viewports in VW, which I "think" could do the hang sheet I need on the same drawing, just a different layer. I'm just not clear as to how one view is right read - Unit One, and then left read - Unit One in a different view. As well and since I've been using this method since before Viewports, I simply did a separate drawing that has a great deal of info that is only important to the hang. It's generally simple to copy-past a positions worth of fixtures, then flip vertical, flip horizontal, then align as needed, then class out non-needed info such as color, channel, etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back