Has anyone got a profile for a sl 640 bar that works well with an eos family light board?

There are more profiles out there. I would put the fixture into the most control mode possible and patch it as X number of fixtures depending on how many cells you have. Just use a generic RGBW fixture.

As Footer has mentioned, the typical solution is to patch each cell as it's own RGB(whatever) fixture. Then use groups to grab the entire strip. Also, as previously mentioned, you'll want the fixture's mode to be one that offers the most control.

Another solution, depending on what you are wanting to do, would be to setup pixel mapping and control them that way.

I've done it both ways and it really comes down to what you want to do with the fixture and what effects you want to determine which option to use.

Eos doesn't really offer any other/better ways to efficiently handle multi-cell fixtures at the moment.

The master on an SL Bar 640 has 6 or 7 channels. If You can make a fixture that has just these with the dimmer defaulted to 100% and strobe defaulted to "open." (None of the other functions in the master are particularly useful, IMO) Then the master can simply be ignored and you can patch 12 generic RGBW fixtures. Or HSI or whatever mode you want. I have even used these on avo classic, patching the master section to an unused page, and only patching the RGB channels into an existing show's conventional cyc light channels.

Last I heard, Eos 2.7 will have a better version of multi intensity fixtures. We'll see what that turns out to be (and how better it is)

Last I heard, Eos 2.7 will have a better version of multi intensity fixtures. We'll see what that turns out to be (and how better it is)
Interesting...I guess we'll have to wait for the beta to find out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back