Hello from Westport, WA

So I'm now getting around to saying hello to everyone. I huess it's time to me tell you all a little about me.

I own the local locksmith company. This is a small town, it's just me and my wife on her days off that work there.

I run an musical/animated Christmas light show at our house every year. We use it as a promotional tool for the business. 12,000+ lights and 112 channels running on a system similar to DMX (Lightorama).

In my late teens to early 20s, I worked as a projectionist at different movie theaters, the largest having 17 screens and the smallest having 1 screen with a few in between. I took this job very seriously and had great pride in what I did, and the quality of my work. That appears to be something that does not seem to happen much anymore since projectionists are paid minimum wage and are taught very little about what's really required to make a presentation great. This was the closest to live stage work that I have ever come to . . . until recently.

This winter, after several years of no drama department at the local high school, someone decided to restart it. Because of my experience in lighting for my display, I was asked to help with lighting and sound at this years winter play. A success, especially after many years of no plays at the high school.

Some people in the community, which some were a part of the high school event, are also reviving a local community hall, which is also a small community theater of sorts. Somehow, I am now apparently in charge of lighting and sound at this hall as well (don't ask how I got sucked into this one). Nothing tech-wise is newer than 1980 that I can tell. This place has no budget. But I have high hopes, wish me luck!

Welcome to the board and as you get the old theatre up and running, feel free to ask questions. There are many of us here that are very familar with that vintage equipment.

Hurray!!! Another Washingtonian on the booth!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back