Help! Comet spot broken.

We just started dress rehearsals, opening on Thursday, and this is when one of our comet Followspot decided to crap out on us. I think it’s either the socket or transformer, but I don’t know how to check which. I couldn’t find out if there is any way to tell which one, so I ordered a socket to try. The problem is I can’t find any material on how to replace it. Does anyone know how to replace the socket?

Perhaps this exploded diagram pdf will help.

Attachments

• comet_spm.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 80
I don't know your background at all, but I think this falls into the category of question that if you have to ask, you shouldn't be learning it on the internet. If you were asking a specific question about part of the procedure, then maybe someone will chime in. But I don't think you'll find anyone to give a full step by step walkthrough online out of fear that some ambitious high schooler will try to do it on their own. There are just too many fun and creative ways that this can end with injury.

I would recommend reaching out to someone in your area that might be able to swing by and walk you through it.

I don't know your background at all, but I think this falls into the category of question that if you have to ask, you shouldn't be learning it on the internet. If you were asking a specific question about part of the procedure, then maybe someone will chime in. But I don't think you'll find anyone to give a full step by step walkthrough online out of fear that some ambitious high schooler will try to do it on their own. There are just too many fun and creative ways that this can end with injury.

I would recommend reaching out to someone in your area that might be able to swing by and walk you through it.
Thanks for the concern! I was able to overnight a new socket, grab some cheap harbor freight tools, and fix it in an afternoon.

Reactions: Les

Users who are viewing this thread

Back