HELP. Electrol D125/DX firmware

Hello.

I am totally new to this forum. So hello!

Although I am an Artistic Director I know too much about the technical side, but in this case not enough...

We just got 3 used Electrol D125/dx rack mounted dimmers donated to our company. They have been tested and professionally installed. We got them installed and everything seems to be in order except that they have an odd revision of the software. It seems that they are the model from before LEX bought Electrol and that they either came with A 202 or X251 Software... Problem is that our units all have the X251 software and it is really restrictive and does not allow us to get to a menu setting to change the dimming curve or the non-dim/dim functionality... We need either the A202 or the A220 version of the software and instructions on how to load it onto the units. Does anyone have insight into these units or how to locate the software?

Any help or insight on this matter would be hugely helpful!

Thanks a million.

-Colin

proxy.php

I am thinking that you are just locked out.

http://alpsweb.com/admin/resources/manuals/electrol-dxman.pdf

Thanks Amiers,

Unfortunately I do not think that this is what it is. I have checked to make sure that we are not locked out both on that screen and the hard switch on the front.

And on page 24 of the manual you link to it says this:

SOFTWARE:
A202Current standard version
X251Option - provides for PC interface (talk-back) and includes the following functions in setup:
(A) Fade Time (B) Pack # (C) Smart / Dumb
(Consult factory for current version or definitions)

When I check the Firmware version it says X251 - 12. And based on the PDF manual it seems that I need it to read A 2.02 - 12.

Does this make sense?

-C

I didn't scroll down that far. See if you can hook up a PC to it, like it says for the 251 and change it from dumb to smart?

Hooking up a PC to is well beyond my understanding. I will have to touch base with my electrician on that, but I assume he may know how to do that. Thanks for the advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back