Control/Dimming Help identifying an old Console

BTW I like boards with an ignition key :) One thing with the older boards without an opearting system at least when you turn the key they start up real quick - especially if you give them some "choke" on a cold morning.:lol:

I do too, but it's a real pain when one needs a jump.

So it would be an okay idea to use this to teach?

I think every kid should learn to run a show on a manual board..... but then I think everyone should learn to operate a Carbon arc spotlight as well.......

It's just the control board that's $10, it's not the whole console. We still have 2 of the Mantrix 2s in use pretty regularly. One sits down in our 36 dimmer black box and the other sits on our main stage and is used for school time theater, speaking events, etc when there is no reason to have someone sitting at the pearl at FOH.

reading this thread makes me feel old. We should have a poll on who has run shows on the different generations of boards/dimmers:resistance, saturated reactance, SCR/analogue control multipreset and so on

Cool poll, hope some one does it. for me: If you count my mother's March of Dimes presentations in the early 50's, I started on Salt water dimmers, graduated to Piano Boards, Davis slider dimers, and one of the "great" Davis slider patch panels, the early Kliegl SCR two scene (console was a metal desk enclosed about 48" wide, 36" high and 30 " front to back, with a major patch panel and dimmer rack that served two performance spaces, then the great Century Edkotrons with home made cross faders, to a Skirpan 120 dimmer/ten scene preset to a Kliegl performer to an Electro Controls (don't remember the exact model, probably intential memory loss) to a strand Light Pallete II, to moving out of lighting to motion control and engineering and rigging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back