Help on what these are? GAM SX4

crazykc

I came across these after a tenet left them behind, and figured they may be worth something to someone. I have attached photos of what they are. Any info you can give me about what the are, What they are worth, and where I could sell them would be great. I would like to learn as much as I can so that I do not misrepresent these to someone. Thanks in advanced!

I have 2 of these:
proxy.php

One of these:
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

& One Of These
proxy.php

Something that I wish I had!

It's an ETC Source 4 (IV) with what looks like a color changer and barn doors.

---
- Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One of those (the last picture) looks like a Source 4 HID. The first picture looks like a standard Source 4, however.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

two have trays that slide out, one as a large disc with 6 smaller round discs that have designs on them. The other as 2 reels with this metal sheet with a pattern that moves on it. Thanks for the reply's, any suggestions on where to sell?

On ebay, you should be able to get at least a grand for the lot. Possibly 1500. The SX4 is worth 1500 new. It looks like the unit has a bit of wear on it, but you should still be able to get a decent amount.

It looks like you have three incandescen tETC Source 4's

As well as one Source 4 HID

One GAM SX4
This is a lighting accessory that attaches in the middle of the Source 4 fixture. These seem to be listed at around $1,700 new, not sure on a fair used price, I don't know its history and a quick Google didn't find any used one. Sure wish some had had left me one!

The Source 4 HID unit has some other sort of second party accessory. Look for a name on it and we can tell you what it might be worth.

It looks like you also have 4 (?) white barn doors. These are the items that have the flaps. These are also a lighting accessory.

Check out Used Lighting - Used Stage & Theatrical Lighting Equipment, LED Lighting, Trussing for some ideas on what these might be worth. Selling the lights separate from their accessories might yield more profit.

EDIT: Everyone beat me to posting. I'm thinking that lot, with all the GAM products, should at least fetch $1,500.

Last edited:
Thank you all for the info, seeing I don't know what I am doing (as far as taking these apart to sell accessories individually) I will just list it all together on ebay & whatever it brings it brings. I will now know what to list them as. Thanks Again!

Thank you all for the info, seeing I don't know what I am doing (as far as taking these apart to sell accessories individually) I will just list it all together on ebay & whatever it brings it brings. I will now know what to list them as. Thanks Again!

You could give one to me!

Are there any power supplies for the color changer. Someone else should be able to tell yo what that looks like, but you might need that to get a better deal.

---

You could give one to me!

Are there any power supplies for the color changer. Someone else should be able to tell yo what that looks like, but you might need that to get a better deal.

---
There are two boxes that say NSI DDS 6000. maybe those are the power supply's?
\

Somebody just walked off and left 4 S4's plus color changers, a scene machine and two NSI dimmers ?

Where is this color changer everyone's talking about? All I see is an incandescent S4, a S4 HID, and a Gam SX4, plus the barn doors?

Also, those fixtures look very good! Generally the white source fours get browned and burned fairly easily, but these look great! The only place I see even a little of that is on the back of the SX4, but even that is uniform and not terribly ugly. Were these brand new?

These were installed in a high end clothing store for whatever reason. I was told by the manager whom turned the keys back over that they were installed and used for the first month. After that They were tired of all the reflections in the mirrors (if that makes any sence) and never used them again. They left them when they moved out. I plugged them all end, and the bulbs turned on. That's pretty much all I knew about them until what I've learned on here.

Somebody just walked off and left 4 S4's plus color changers, a scene machine and two NSI dimmers ?

There was a hogpc USB widget also and some splitter/amplifer box too, but they sold on eBay pretty easy. I was able to find info on them via the manufactures web sites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back