Help with LED tape for Battery Powered costume

CBR372

Hey Guys,
So I was approach the other day by a good friend of mine, who is a dancer/choreographer. She had a great idea for a piece for our annual dance concert next year. She wants to have 5 dancers in tutu's and have some sort of light come from underneath the tutus and just illuminate the dancers legs. I instantently went to illuminate after seeing a demo of their product at last years LDI. But they want quite a bit of change, >$3,000 to rent 5 DMX LED12 units for a week... Thats far out of our budget. So now I am looking for a solution I can put together. Instead of controlling it with the light board (ETC ION) I can go for a on/off solution that the dancers can turn on. So heres what I need help finding / figuring out how to do.

NEEDS:
- 8' of LED or viable replacement to be sewn onto tutu for 5 dancers (40' total)
- Be able to power it with a battery pack that won't be cumber sum to the dancers (something like a wireless mic pack)

WOULD BE COOL IF's:
- Could have effects built in the dancers could switch thru with a remote or controller
- Battery's could be rechargeable.
- Sub $500 price range for everything.

Thanks guys I wouldn't be asking this if I could find something out their in the vast internets but alas I can't find anything of what I'm looking for.

Thanks!

Were you looking at LED tape or electroluminescent tape/wire?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back