Hey, I thought we could share pictures of our shows...

Re: Hey i thought we could share pic of our shows

Here's some pics of recent shows I've still got on-line:

The Birds (UofM, Morris. LD)
http://picasaweb.google.com/Tyrahn/TheBirds
Dance Program Concert (I didn't name it, I swear!) (UofM, Morris. LD)
http://picasaweb.google.com/Tyrahn/DanceProgramConcert
The Shape of Things (UofM, Morris. LD)
http://picasaweb.google.com/Tyrahn/TheShapeOfThings
A Lie of the Mind (UofM, Morris. LD,SD)
http://picasaweb.google.com/Tyrahn/ALieOfTheMindProductionPhotos
The Last Night of Ballyhoo (St. Croix Valley Summer Theatre. TD,LD)
http://picasaweb.google.com/Tyrahn/TheLastNightOfBallyhoo2007_06_25

I'm still going through the pages of pictures before this, there is some very nice work here!

Clark

Re: Hey i thought we could share pic of our shows

Could an admin please change the title of this thread to:

"Hey I thought we could share some pics of our shows"

It has been bothering me for awhile, most importantly the "I" that has not bee capitalized.

(No offense to Jon.)

From a small rave/party thing I put on this weekend, I will have better pics later on:
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

A crappy video can be found here

This was a fun concert to design. It was Jim Peterik and Worldstage. Including all of the Ides of March, the singer from 38 special and survivor and a bunch of other guest artists. It was just a blast of 80's music. I had 11 Robe Colorwash 575AT fixtures in the air. Plus my theaters Standard Plot. which is for this concert 3 electrics of 4 banks wide 4 color wash with 3 of the washes in 1k fresnels and 1 wash in ETC 750w Parnels. I had 16 ACLS 8 in the air and 8 on the floor. I had a few backlight breakup gobos but they were last minute and didn't turn out how i wanted cuz i couldn't focus in the air after loadin. I used them very very very little. I ran everything off of my Hog3 IPC console and i have 2 playback wings for extra faders. Ran the show live so 1 wing was all colors to bump 1 was positions and the console was moving effects. For sake of not enough fingers I packed the standard washes into similiar colors on the movers, even though the color temp was way different it made it easier to run. I can't wait for them to come back next year. for Worldstage 09

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

More Pics
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Nice! Looks like that was a blast to design! Yellow and purple has always been one of my favorite combinations when using moving lights.

It was awesome, and I think I used my moving wash lights to the full extent possible. I'm waiting on 6 Robe Colorspot 700's to be purchased, but it takes forever to order stuff in my theater. We are getting WYSIWYG for the Hog, and when I get the spots...I just can't wait for the few shows a year that are like this one. Unfortunately my season is almost over and theres no more rock concerts so i'll be putting my movers away for the summer. I did however hear that we might have a foo fighter cover band sometime soon, if thats the case, I need to come up with some more ideas other than wash lights...heh.

holy cow that's a lot of male talent for high school, we had like 5 guys that thought they could act and 2 of them that were right. Would have made musicals a lot easier to produce.

Just so its easier for those of you who don't feel like browsing through hundreds of pics, here are five good ones:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

One of my recent shows I have done lighting for through Kellner Lighting, which is a small concert lighting...project i've been doing, I've yet to get the license and make it a company. I rent to mostly highschools without theaters, but gyms with a raised stage like this one in these pics. This school is in the middle of nowhere in Dekalb Illinois. It was a Battle of the Bands. and after they battled they had some older bands from chicago play. overall not bad turnout considering the town population is 950. we had about 200 people there..although it doesn't look like it in the pics
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

the rest of the pics
The equipment used:
1 NSI 24/48 console.
2 High End Trackspots
4 American DJ Xtremes
16 Par 38 - Flood Lamps
2 6in 500W fresnels
1 cheap party fogger that the smoke didn't last longer than 3-5 seconds.
5 - 4 channel 600w per channel dimmer packs
4 Meyer Wedges as our main speakers with 2 JBL wedges for monitors
Yamaha DM1000
Overall an awesome rig, but i wasn't happy with the overall rig look. but since we got there 45 minutes before house because we got lost in cornfields I Think it turned out alright.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

dekalb may only have a population of 950, but it has a 15,000 student large college...

it was in Shabbona, so dekalb county but 25 minutes from NIU

I recently put this blog up with a few pictures of some shows I've done. Feel free to check it out at any time. I'll repost the link whenever I have new pictures. http://stagesoflight.blogspot.com/

Wahooo!! We purchased four used Mac 600's and replaced all our PAR64 backlights. It's great how things worked out: I was told to find 2 Macs on a particular budget, found out we could get 3 for that price, the vendor said we had to buy them in pairs because of the flight cases - so we got 4!! Yippee!
We also added new stage area, extending the front deck and adding side wings for drums and keys. Tuesday through Thursday was spent constructing stage and rigging lights, I programmed for 7 hours on Friday, and we had a two hour worship music set last night.
So here's a couple of pictures. If you're interested, more can be found here.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I recently did spotlight for a local theater group. They did "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat". Excellent show. I loved it so much I downloaded as much of it as I could off FrostWire.

Anyway, this theater was converted from an old church. there are exactly 12 stage lights, plus spot. I was in the balcony on spot.

Sorry about bad pic quality. I used my cell phone to take them.

Attachments

• 0329082056.jpg
    0329082056.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 240
  • 0329082058.jpg
    0329082058.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 225

Users who are viewing this thread

Back