Hey, I thought we could share pictures of our shows...

why not, though i suspect my 'high school shows' will pale in comparison to the fantastic ones that seem to be coming from the us..
from oldest to newest;

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/The_Black_Knight/MAAN/3d8a12f4.jpg
This is shakespears 'Much Ado About Nothing' Year 11 for me (2005! 16 years old.. haha) Uhm, i dunno, lots of bricks. yea. and about 14 lights of various types, that were all probably used in ways they wern't ment too.... we wern't exactly taught much about the tech side. I was Set / lighting 'designer' and an actor.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/The_Black_Knight/ARTURO%20UI/Friday%20Night/MGSCPlay2006-ClosingNight051.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/The_Black_Knight/ARTURO%20UI/Tuesday%20Night/MGSCPlay2006075.jpg
Bertolt Brechts 'The Resistable Rise of Arturo Ui'
year 12 for me, 2006. again with the 14 lanterns :p those red ones are fresnels on tree's with red gel. And we used a laptop hooked up to a projector and MS powerpoint! woo! haha. I was set / lghting designer and an actor.
proxy.php

'Little Shop of Horrors' again 2006. Whole High School musical, I was assistant set & Lighting designer, and "SM" (ASM), as well as general builder, painter, puppet builder, etc.
Thus ends High School and onto a Diploma of Theatre Arts
'Three Pairs of Shorts' - a Set of 6 short ~10 minute plays written by our class for our individual scriptwriting pieces, 6 were chosen. 2007, I was 18.
proxy.php

'Stranger Outside' - set in a country town of Australia. I was set designer. All that wool is about $10k worth, apparently. The director added it like 2 days before the show becuase a friend had donated it, and since it was worth so much we had to use it. The cyc went from daylight to sunset, i dont have a good picture though. The walls are on trucks, becuase they needed to move off (there was 3 of them) in under a minute. which never happened, but we got close.
proxy.php

'World Without Sin' - another one of the 6 short plays, this time set in a church in a inner city suburban town. I was Lighting Designer for this one.
Due to doing 6 plays that were all vastly different, using the same rig, it was a case of only a few specific lanters for each show. for World Without sin the writer really wanted church windows, so Gobo's it was. We also had a 'confession box' which was basically a fresnel? maybe? on the floor then a person sitting in front of it inside a 'box' to create a shadow.
'Ship Sails and Mermaid Tales' - 2007. a show for children about a pirate and evil queens and a magical egg that hatches into a pheonix and brings peach to the world. Toured for 16 shows to primary schools in the local area, as well as a school for mentally disabled children, and some more poverty stricken schools that cannot afford to get drama into the school. (due to the Uni red tape, we could not charge for the show.)
proxy.php

Unfortunately not the best picture, I had better but they don;t appear to exist. Set was 4 flats in 2 pairs, a boom across the top and some fabric. I don't know why it's purple either XD (the black stockings with googly eyes are snakes. chick with the clarinet is a snake charmer. one snake had the magic gem so the kids (2 actors) could talk to the mermaids and retrieve the chest with the egg before the two evil Queens. (oh, we wrote the script, totally hilarious! :p)
and thats about it :D Currently working on the lighting design for a musical at the moment, will psot pics when they exist.
fake edit; woah long post ;-;

What did you do to make the club 80's sign? Did you buy it or make is, and if made how?

The director made it actually. It's just el-cheapo rope light that you'd use at parties/christmas/whenever else normal people use cheap lighting - fed through the back like you're sewing with it. There's another one in the show for Ricky's Bar.

Here's what I've been working on for the last 8 days. Corporate show, this is the "Entertainment Night." Finally, tomorrow is load-out!
proxy.php

Five screens of VersaTubes, I think around 600 tubes total. Three HUGE RP screens, HD of course. Lighting: Atomics w/ scrollers, M2K Washes and Performances, and 5K Fresnels.

A driveway outside a restaurant I lit last night. Colors are actually green and amber, but don't show up that way. I also had some pars for the "celebrity" photo op area and a few movers doing searchlight type stuff scanning the building across the street.

The rain wasn't fun, but we survived.

Last edited:
So here's what Fiddler on the Roof show came out like, these were just some pictures i got from a friend, I'll have more once i get the expensive photo cd. anyway, let me know what you guys think. This was my first show as lighting designer in high school.

going for a "candle glow" effect
proxy.php

Hovala i think its spelled?
proxy.php

Tevye and his daughter, notice the cyc clouds in the top left corner.
proxy.php

Ok well its not a show, but it was our light lab project for our guest teacher Kevin Adams. Our assignment do what ever we wanted and light it.
So our group choose to recreate a frame from the movie Citizen Kane.
So here it is.
JH

Attachments

• IMG_0462.JPG
    IMG_0462.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 323
we actually had two sets of cloud gobos, one set was realistic, we called it Indonesia, because it looked like a blurry scattering of islands.

Here are a couple shots from Assassins, just finished it. Was a great show.

Here is the set:
proxy.php

Sam Byck's Have It Your Way Monologue:
proxy.php

Another Nation Anthem:
proxy.php

Something Just Broke:
proxy.php

here are two from the gig stella provided lights for last night:
proxy.php

proxy.php

Users who are viewing this thread