Hey, I thought we could share pictures of our shows...

Someone was certainly concerned about their mic snakes and other FOH cables, weren't they? I've never seen a center aisle cordoned off by security like that before. Those are prime seats!

Great job pie4weeb!

You know sometimes I hate doing those large venue gigs because you lose a lot of subtlty (because of time and the size of the space). Sometimes I love doing those little 200 seater gigs because of how subtle you can be.

Mike

Someone was certainly concerned about their mic snakes and other FOH cables, weren't they? I've never seen a center aisle cordoned off by security like that before. Those are prime seats!

I hope I never have to do a festival with out one of those again! With how tight the crowd would fill in, there is pretty much no other way to get from FOH to the stage with out that tunnel in there. It also came in very handy the first day of the festival, we had planned to run soco with 208 to the stage for the spots out there, but because of the distance there was enough voltage drop under the load of the spots that they could not strike (!) so the only solution I could come up with mid day, was to gank extra feeder from the other stages and run it down that path to FOH where I planted a distro right by the spots, worked like a charm, and would have been impossible with out that tunnel.

Just got some video from our recent show in April, Children of Eden. This was my last show as a senior (I was running sound). Here is a picture of the Tech setup, and the stage. The circle in the middle rotates, and you can see the other side of it in the video below.
COE.jpg

You can see this clip of The Hardest Part of Love.

For this show, we had to use 2 consoles because of the pit, and both boards no longer worked to their original potential. We had 14 wireless mics and 12 mics for the pit. I added a little reverb for Father when he is on "Kolob" like in the clip. (And you may have wondered from the video, Father was played by our only black cast member...)

I hope I never have to do a festival with out one of those again! With how tight the crowd would fill in, there is pretty much no other way to get from FOH to the stage with out that tunnel in there. It also came in very handy the first day of the festival, we had planned to run soco with 208 to the stage for the spots out there, but because of the distance there was enough voltage drop under the load of the spots that they could not strike (!) so the only solution I could come up with mid day, was to gank extra feeder from the other stages and run it down that path to FOH where I planted a distro right by the spots, worked like a charm, and would have been impossible with out that tunnel.

It's widespread in europe.

proxy.php

Just got done with Hello Dolly.
proxy.php

Big reveal scene, Dolly walking down the stairs. Put a mole behind the curtain. Right before the curtain opened it showed her silhouette. Then it was blinding when the curtain opened. Curtain closed and light went out.

Pretty good show, I got really sick one night and had to go home :( So I didn't have as much time as I wanted.

Our school just finished Hello Dolly as well.

Horace and Dolly with dinner arriving

The Train in "Put on your Sunday Clothes"

Outside the Minnie's hat shop with the backdrop

Inside Minnie's hat shop

Feed Shop

Just before Dolly enters the restaurant

Dolly's grand entrance into the restaurant.

It may not be the best but it is a Big step up from what has been done prior to this.

I was contracted to hang and electrify 30 Chinese lanterns in a tent for a high end wedding. Here's a couple of pictures.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I haven't been on this forum for a little while, but it's great to see this thread still going strong. Guys, your work is amazing!

I haven't been on this forum for a little while, but it's great to see this thread still going strong. Guys, your work is amazing!
Yup, I got to page 27 the other night, some day I will have seen them all!
Nick

Here are some from a recent concert.

Mike

Attachments

• TREK0904.jpg
    TREK0904.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 279
  • TREK0909.jpg
    TREK0909.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 314
  • TREK0908.jpg
    TREK0908.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 289
  • TREK0902.jpg
    TREK0902.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 304
  • TREK0910.jpg
    TREK0910.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 293
Awhile back I posted a few photos from Mounds View High School's production of Beauty and the Beast. Well, I now have the rest of the photos for those of you who would like to see them.

I co-designed the set, and I designed the lighting, it was my first time designing either of them.

MV Drama - Beauty and the Beast

Just finished Les Misérables this past sunday

Check out my web site... www.alchemiststagedesign.com

two sets to look at... (second set is a little better)

No Movers, No LEDs,

Just 2 F100 foggers, 2 DF-50 Hazers, 2 zip strips, 150 conventionals and 2 followspots

Attachments

• IMGP1002.jpg
    IMGP1002.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 267
Last edited:
Here's a shot from my daughters' dance recital. Lighting included two 6x12 from out in the audience, the 3 working lekos from the school's rig, the footlights, and two shins in the wings. I used 2 LED pars for the uplights on the backdrop for a little color. Next year I will try to add some more color from the side and see what I can do about the dark corners...
/mike

Attachments

• Recital_3-0248.JPG
    Recital_3-0248.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 260
From years ago, some shots from The Scottish Play (Mackers) when we did it at The Livery, in the round. There was seating in 4 corners around a celtic-cross shaped stage, and seating on the actual stage.
I did not take these photos, I never got a chance to take my own. You can actually see the booth in a couple.
I did not have a good enough view to take any from the booth.

Attachments

• Macbeth-witches-2.jpg
    Macbeth-witches-2.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 242
  • Malcolm-&-Siward.jpg
    Malcolm-&-Siward.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 251
  • maws-of-kites.jpg
    maws-of-kites.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 247
  • Macbeth-ross-old-man.jpg
    Macbeth-ross-old-man.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 588
So here's pictures of my production company's recent production of "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown". This is done at Gafftapers theatre using his conventional rig plus all his seachanger washes and profiles. The LED's and Movers I brought in. Also in another thread we are discussing changing lighting conventions, this is the show that started that thread.

Hope you like em!

Attachments

• LIGHTS 4.jpg
    LIGHTS 4.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 245
  • KITE 1.jpg
    KITE 1.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 245
  • SCHROEDER 1.jpg
    SCHROEDER 1.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 258
  • YAGMCB 7.jpg