Hey, I thought we could share pictures of our shows...

Re: Hey i thought we could share pic of our shows

Wow, I must say I am quite impressed--simple, but very good. The lights you have hung (pars?) look great, both in placement and color. Good work, very professional!

(That, and I'm surprised you did that at your school. Did some magician break the sacred vow of magicianship and show you guys how to do those tricks?)

Haha, that's funny, with the secrecy agreements--but understandable, I should think.

How were the Coemar's, by the way? I've heard mixed reviews of their products...

what are the two fixtures sitting on the stage floor?

are those 250 watt or 575 fixtures? Whenever I look into getting 250 fixtures simply because they are cheaper, but I end up paying more for a higher wattage but those showed up nicely.

Hey,
I just recently did the lighting for a live concert at our school, here are a few pics and when i get the others, i will post them. We used 5 etc source 4's, 4 of them for the front when the mc's were up on stage and did a general stage wash then we used 5 par 64's for the back lights, 1 frensel for lighting straight down on the main singer and a source 4 in the same spot to do different color/look on different songs. I used a color scheme of white and blue and the entire show was back lit except for one where they had a dim source 4.

Pics:

salva said:
these are some picture of our pruduction of "His Dark Matereals"

Coments?

These look really great. You did well in a difficult situation.

How many lights and dimmer channels did you have.

Keep up the good work I am looking forward to seeing the photos of your next show.

cutlunch said:
These look really great. You did well in a difficult situation.

How many lights and dimmer channels did you have.

Keep up the good work I am looking forward to seeing the photos of your next show.

Thanks.

We had just received an upgrade! ;)

We actualy had a 18 dimmer channels (6 of wich were paired)

We had all 18 channels being used with a mixture of profiles, fresnels and a couple of floods.

I forgot to mention the pair of LED parcans (DMX) we used to set different moods. (realy saved me since i would have to use multiple precious fresnels to create all the different states i got with the LEDs)...

Last edited:

Hi all

Just a few photos of a couple of recent shows I have done ... does anyone have any comments/ideas on improving these "looks"??

Nucleus @ The Annandale Hotel
Nucleus 01
Nucleus 02
Nucleus 03

Junto @ The Excelsior Hotel
Junto 01
Junto 02
Junto 03

Self Is A Seed @ The Excelsior Hotel
Self 01
Self 02

Cheers
Craig

those shots are kinda narrow to get a good view of the look, do you have any wider ones?

Pie4Weebl said:
those shots are kinda narrow to get a good view of the look, do you have any wider ones?

No unfortunately ... the photos were taken more for the bands than for the "stage". And I'm usually flying solo at these gigs, so hard to operate and photograph ... might try for some shots of a lit stage before doors open next time, so I have something useful for review.

I have to say, Pie--that is really really good. Love the work with the pars, you did a great job getting so many original looks with just PAR's.

Are the goboprojectors intels, by the way, or conventionals with gobos? (Either way, really, really nice)

the gobos are all s4 shot, so I made the most of the ones I had up left over from the Miss IL pagent.

OK guys its been a bit since i posted my last photos so here are some new ones. I co- Directed and designed the Lighting for a music video. The artis DK Ibomeka, a soul and R&B artist there is also a taste of Jazz in his music. Check out Someone to Love Me for the pics and the video to follow in about 3 weeks. To find out more about DK check out www.DkIbomeka.com

All Gear provided by Christie Lites.

1 Grand MA Ultra Light
(Video Projection, Audio and Lights were syncd up to Time code with the Grand MA Ultra Light)
5 Mac 250 Entours
9 Studio Colours
11 Mac 500's
3 S4 19 Degree
5 8" Fresnels
1 6k soft light

JH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back