Control/Dimming Hog 1000 Question

landshark

Hello All,

I've been a fairly active lurker for the past six months here, and have really come to enjoy this community. I've learned quite a bit.

I have a question about a desk I just started working with. It's a Hog 1000, and I really like the desk. I'm in a 1500 seat church, with what has been a decent theatrical system for a for us. We run 113 conventional lamps, primarily S4, with a few 40 fernels, scoops and Pars scattered about.

We just picked up 4 Mac 250 Kryptons, 2 Mac 300 Wash units, and four very solid 3 watt Opti Par LEDs, and a SaVi Show LED for wash reason.

I'm looking for ways to Busk on the HOG, and after reading the manual several times, scouring the internet and forums for useful information related to it, and spending a few hours a day behind the desk for the last two weeks, I am just wondering if it's as hard to busk on this board as it's seaming. (compared to say, the Avo Pearl)

I realize that the Hog is long in the tooth, but I am kindly wondering if any of the Hog 1000 users, both current or past, might be willing to share a few tips on busking or using the Hog 1000 with me.

I appreciate any response, and look forward to actively becoming a member here.

Cheers

Some would say it is easier to busk on a hog 1k than a hog II for a small rig because of the extra faders and hard buttons.

I would set it up like:

Fader one - conventional looks, a warm look, cool look, speech look, a change over, and so on.

Fader two Any extra conventional looks, gobo washes and other eye candy stuff

Fader Three Spot position, aerial, Singer, Bassest, Keyboards, Audience sweep....

Fader Four Any strobing

Fader Five Spot Colors,

Fader Six Spot Gobos

Fader Seven Spot position effects

Fader Eight Wash positions and intensity.

Fader Nine Wash Color

Fader Ten LED looks

Any conventional specials can be called up with pallets.

Again this is just an idea what do you find your self having to busk?

...I am just wondering if it's as hard to busk on this board as it's seaming. (compared to say, the Avo Pearl) ...

Likely a personal preferences thing, but I find the Hog much more pleasing than the Pearl.

FWIW, I build palettes and QLists much the same way soundman described. In the wiki entry for busking is a link to Nook's Ultimate Punt Page, which should prove helpful as well.

well, to be honest I'm trying to learn how to busk for...believe it or not, flash and trash. We have numerous concerts that come in that play for the younger generation of christian contemporary. So, although only 28, most of the song's I've not heard, and have to light with little rehearsal. So I have little programing time. (so my issue is, can I flash and trash quickly, as opposed to programing it all like it seems I have too)

Sunday service orders I've been running as theater stacks which has worked really well, but I have an order of service on Friday and program Saturday. Plenty of time to get it right, and there is no flash and trash in it.

As for your post, I'm not sure about what you mean by putting looks on faders. As of now, my faders run cue stacks. Or, at least set the intensity. On an Avo you can kinda "play" to board live, and I haven't figured out how to do that on a HOG 1000, and for all I know, it might not be possible.

So in rephrasing, I guess I should ask, how do you flash and trash on a Hog 1000 live? And if you would be willing to tell me about what you mean by putting several looks on faders, that would be great. Unless you mean...several "cue stacks" that have different settings on the faders. Then I'd understand, I just would wonder how you would rotate between looks.

Thanks, and sorry if I am mis-understand your post. Keep in mind, I've got no prior Hog experience, and am learning Pig Speak slowly.

cheers

Your putting multiple 'looks' on a fader. Using a group of a faders you make a complete look. Each fader could contain several palettes or looks you want to recall quickly (odd spots in green even spots yellow). You can jump through a list to find what you want or use goto. For example getting your spots to be pink in gobo two focused on the keyboardest would be F2Q3 F4Q2 F5Q7 It is easier to use lists than palettes sometimes because you do not have to select the fixtures, they are selected on a list already.

Thanks for all the input, it's greatly appreciated.

Anyone know how to strike the lamps on MAC 250 Kryptons and MAC 300 washes from the Hog 1k.

I could be blind, but I'm having an issue locating the process.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back