Hog Programming Question

Esoteric

Hey guys, anyone have any idea where to start programming something like this?

DMX Scratch

This uses the frame setup on the Showpix/StudioPix. Because the animation is a series of frames, you set the first frame and intensity in a cue. Then on a fader, set it to the highest frame of the animation. Setting the fader to IPCB fader as you raise the fader, it steps through the frames. Run it up and down and you get the animation as shown in the video.

I actually used it on the Showpix on a show a couple of years ago.

Yeah, I am trying to figure out how to do it without Showpix/StudioPix on a Hog controller (Road Hog to be exact). But I am a bit stumped.

The studio and show pics have a built in patterns you can run stop and rewind like a cassette tape. You can also jog down the track with the fader. You can also upload your own content into the fixture. If you want to do the same kind of thing with a say a color wheel you can program the last color on the color wheel on a fader then set the fader to IPCB so as you pull up the fader it will start at the first color then proceed through all of the colors.

I'm sorry Esoteric,

But none of the current Hog consoles support internal pixel mapping. To do what you are interested in, you would have to find a way to add pixel mapping content to you rig. May I suggest:

Madrix Software: MADRIX LED Lighting Control Solutions, DMX512, Art-Net, ColorKinetics, Insta, Robe, DVI, ACN

/or purchasing an accompanying media server from HES: Axon Media Server - Digital Lighting - Products - High End Systems

Ummm..the video shown is RUN on a Hog console. There's no pixel mapping needed. DMX Scratch is a FEATURE in the Showpix/Studiopix fixtures.

Yeah, I am trying to figure out how to do it without Showpix/StudioPix on a Hog controller (Road Hog to be exact). But I am a bit stumped.

If you had control over individual LEDs, I can see how you could do it in a cue stack. Any way to link a cue list to a fader? If you could make it where 1% = Q1, 2% = Q2 etc etc. I've never used the Road Hog so it's just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back