House Lighting controlbox

ReelSpike

Hi

I'm a film Projectionist at a small theatre so know very little on stage lighting (or lighting in general!), however I hope someone can help point me in a direction of where to find a replacement controller for our House Lighting system.

Here is a photo of our current controller:

Under the gaff-tape are two slider faders. These have had to be taped up with electrical tape to ensure the connection is made - the sliders have become loose and if left by them self the lights will not work.

There is a dimmer knob at the top which we use to fade the lights up and down.

When we plug in the cable the lights come up (3 pin XLR connection only - the house lights are from the 1970s), it also seems to provide some sort of power to it (the box is not powered by any other connection) - it almost provides phantom power.

This box is around 24 years old ... and has been retrofitted with new bits many times.

I think that the time is due for a new box but does anyone have any idea on where I can find such a thing? Does anyone recongise this type of box at all?

Thanks in advance

its conceivable we could ask enough questions you could answer and come up with a solution, but not easy. The box is somewhat irrelevant - what its controlling - presumably some dimmers in a cabinet in an electrical room - is the key to proposing a solution. What is the actual dimmer and what protocol is it using. The answer to the first might answer the second.

Call a local theatre lighting shop. Someone there could look and answer this quickly.

Considering your location, might I suggest you also ask this question at:
http://www.blue-room.org.uk/
You might find someone locally willing to pop in and take a look at what you have and need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back