How to control multiple projectors (power on/off)

@ Stephani, post up your thoughts on ScreenMonkey. I have to admit that it seemed like a fantastic simple solution but was less then impressed with it's ability to run on our IBM production laptop. It felt very slow and clunky.

@ OP, Slight concern about the constant on and off, as that is actually what degrades lamp on new projectors. They either light being on or they like being off, not off and on off and on. I think a shutter system (some high end models have a shutter built into the projector) or a DMX controlled mounted shutter arm might be your safest solution.

Not to mention your warm up time and cooldown time for the projectors. If you turn it on at the wrong time or turn it off, your out of luck until it finishes it's cycle.

I believe Rosco/ Apollo both make DMX Douser controllers.

an existing solution as indicated it to wire some serial cable to your projectors, and wire them up to some control switches on the walls. This was discussed earlier as i have very little knowledge of that. (though Wired remote terminals do exist on many and those cables are fairly inexpensive for a 100ft length of 1/8"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back