HS Fixture Inventory

Just for funsies, the one I have posted pictures of under construction:

72 CS profiles (and 102 assorted lens tubes)
54 CS pars
16 cycs CS spot with cyc adapter
Also two RJ Oz's (600w LED follow spot), 6 LED work lights, and an Altman ghost light.
Plus a lot of cables, patch cords, booms, side arms, storage cabinets, hampers, etc.

The shell comes with 36 S4WRD pars in it.

There's a second theatre - the old one that is being replaced and it's becoming a studio or black box space. They get 12 CS cycs, and the existing incandescent gear. Obviously, they can move any to the other space - limited by the dozen ES750s.

72 CS profiles (and 102 assorted lens tubes)
54 CS pars
16 cycs CS spot with cyc adapter
How many universes is that? I'm thinking also at least one 2-port portable node at each location? Flavor of Ion for control?

My HS, graduating ~700, 1000-seat auditorium: six Century die-cast 6x9 (the gray ones), plus maybe ten assorted older fixtures and borderlights. Control from two Luxtrol six-pack s. And a carbon-arc Strong Trouper. Next time I'm in Ohio, I really must sneak in there to see what they have now. They've torn down and rebuilt the school, but kept the auditorium since it was just built, in 1974.

How many universes is that? I'm thinking also at least one 2-port portable node at each location? Flavor of Ion for control?

I distributed DMX mostly, using din rail 4 port nodes in two different racks plus quite a few network taps and some portable nodes. (I think - 4 or 5 since dedigned it and i think 5 more in design. I have gone back and fourth on how to distribute data - remote nodes, portable nodes, centealized nodes, or wireless - or a combination. )

I dont recall if Xe or Xe20, with 12288 outputs and twin touch screens.

Private high school cafetorium.
Graduate ~ 80 per year.

FOH 18 Lekos (3 S4s, 2 Shakespeares, 1 Selecon Pacifica, 12 360Qs) One electric, two trees.
Often add 3 x 250W RGBWAV LEDs

Stage Electrics
6 360Qs
6 parnels
4 6” Fresnels
9 Blizzard Hot Boxes RGBVW
1 row of strip lights

Available
~ 10 360Q’s
+ A variety of lights brought in as teaching tools but never used.

All on shoe-box dimmers.
No Spotlights
No cyc lights

Washington state has declared that they will fund a maximum 550-ish seat theater. Anything more must come from local funding.

My HS projects are all pretty small schools in small and often impoverished areas. I think the smallest inventory was about 50 fixtures, half lekos, half fresnels. A more moderate space (40' proscenium, 3 electrics) gets 70+ units. These are all bare minimums to give a bright stage for non theatrical events.

A current project is replacing a gymatorium with 12 incandescents and 8 dimmers. Been that way for decades!

I distributed DMX mostly, using din rail 4 port nodes in two different racks plus quite a few network taps and some portable nodes. (I think - 4 or 5 since designed it and I think 5 more in design. I have gone back and fourth on how to distribute data - remote nodes, portable nodes, centralized nodes, or wireless - or a combination. )

I don't recall if Xe or Xe20, with 12288 outputs and twin touch screens.

It was Xe20 with a MFW20 but just the 2K model - 4 universes - with two 21" touch screens. And to add numbers to data - about 32 DMX out receptacles spread around and a dozen network taps. This was all centralized nodes.

Large public high school south of Pittsburgh-graduates 450ish per year:
-Rennovated 2018-

84x Series2 S4 LEDs with various lenses
9x Series2 S4 LEDs with cyc adapter.
12x S4 15-30 Zoom
4x S4 25-20 Zoom
6x S4 Jr Zooms
36x LED 36deg ParCan (Blizzard Rocklight clone)
3x COB LED Blacklight
2x Chinese LED Movers
2x Elation 575e Movers
several portable dimmer packs (we're now an all LED house)
various additional S4 lens tubes

Hope this helps,
Rob

If you're doing a more in-depth survey, I might also suggest including design or install company if known. That might provide some interesting correlations. For me in upstate NY - I have about 30 source 4s, 20 S4Jrs, 60 fresnels, 15 L&E strips, 7 cyc lights, and 2 VL1100s on about 150 circuits. Our auditorium was completely redone in 2010 and all inventory is new at that time. Control is via a Strand Palette (yes, they do exist in the wild, and yes, I wish they didn't). Unfortunately no LEDs, and DMX was only distributed to the FOH electric to the 2 movers (even though each electric has a DMX port, grrrr).

Chris

Since I forgot to include the first time: 720 seat auditorium servicing a PK-12 District that's about 2000 students (150/graduating class approx).

South Central WI HS I recently spec'd an all LED retro for:

22- CS Spot's
40- CS Spot DB's
20- CS PAR DB's
10- CS CYC's

6- Artiste Davinci's

24- PAR38 Cans/ LED Lamps for worklights

For Data, I did portable nodes for ease of future upgrade and Cat cable is cheaper.

ION Xe 20 2K for control. Might be upgrading to unlocked as we've been doing a lot of pixel tape lately and that makes the new console unusable.

Small private HS, graduates ~100/yr
Auditorium seats 200-400 depending on event and seating setup, inventory also gets moved over to the gym for larger events (500-1000 seats for graduation, open house, and others).

Inventory before I started 5 years ago (I was the first tech theatre faculty they ever had):
-8 S4 leko 26s
-11 Colortran 6" fresnels
-4 Altman 360s
-4 Colortran zoom lekos
-1 14" scoop
All powered by a 12x2.4k Colortran D192 pack with analog 0-5v control

Inventory now:

-30 S4 lekos 19 to 50 deg. (2 sometimes set up as S4-on-a-stick spotlights)
-2 S4 15-30 deg zooms
-12 S4 Pars
-11 Colortran 6" fresnels (hoping to swap these for LEDs soon)
-5 CS LED Spots
-5 CS DB LED Spots w/ cyc adapters
-12 CS Pars (these were a grant from ETC, getting them really started the ball rolling)
-2 Chauvet Rogue R2 Spots
-4 Chauvet Rogue R2 Washes
-6 Eliminator Stealth Spots
-2 Eliminator Stealth Beams
-4 Epsilon LED bars
-12-circuit 100 amp 3-phase power distro w/ socapex runs to stage and house positions
-10 4-channel edison dimmer packs (some 5A/ch, some 10A/ch)
-Same Colortran D192 pack w/ a D/A converter for control, soon to be replaced with some newer 1.2k dimmers and some constant power instead

Controlled by an Ion 1000, OSCRFR on some Kindle Fire tablets and an ETC Nomad educational package on a laptop for the kids to play with on occasion (and for small offsite events). We're still using DMX over Cat5 or DMX cable, looking to upgrade to gateways in the near future.

I'm TD at a Private HS theater in Southern CA. We recently renovated and purchased an all new LED lighting package. I wasn't here at the time. They purchased 50 ellipsoidals, and 50 fresnels, and 10 cyc lights. I assume someone just picked a nice round number. We tend to rent some movers for each mainstage show we do, and we're working on getting funding for some movers. We have 4 or 5 ETC S4 ERS from the previous iteration of the space. They built the system w/o dimmers, so we have to use portable dimmer packs to use traditional incandescent lights when needed.

650 seat HS auditorium opened in 2000 with barely adequate number of fixtures. Profits from ticket and ad sales for two plays and a musical each year allowed us to increase the inventory.

162 dimmers, 2 FOH catwalks (one has 2 banks of ellipsoids for DS and MS and the followspots; other lights US and front of pit.,) 2 onstage battens for border lights, 1 batten for lighting cyc and US drops, 2 onstage battens for MS and DS (mixture of halogen cyc, Fresnel and ellipsoids) and booms on each side of the FOH provide curtain wash and lighting the ramps leading to the stage.

Inventory--Lighting

Amount Type Brand/part#

22 Cyc Wash Lighting and Electronics, Inc. 6571 series broad cyc

26 Fresnel 6” Altman 65Q

16 Ellipsoidal 6x12 Altman 360Q

57 Ellipsoidal 6x16 Altman 360Q

20 Ellipsoidal 6x22 Altman 360Q

5 Pinspot 4”

4 Followspot Lycian midget 1206

14 Border lights Altman #528

5 LED Cyc Wash Altman SSCYC200

I got this from a local High School several years ago. I hope this helps.
585 seats
1 FOH 5 Electrics

5…ETC 14 DEGREE Source Four Ellipsoidal w/ C-Clamp, Color Frame, Safety Cable,HPL575/120 Lamp, & 2P&G Cord

10…ETC 19 DEGREE Source Four Ellipsoidal w/ C-Clamp, Color Frame, Safety Cable,HPL575/120 Lamp, & 2P&G Cord

10…ETC 36 DEGREE Source Four Ellipsoidal w/ C-Clamp, Color Frame, Safety Cable,HPL575/120 Lamp, & 2P&G Cord

5…ETC 50 DEGREE Source Four Ellipsoidal w/ C-Clamp, Color Frame, Safety Cable,HPL575/120 Lamp, & 2P&G Cord

3…ETC 90 DEGREE Source Four Ellipsoidal w/ C-Clamp, Color Frame, Safety Cable,HPL575/120 Lamp, & 2P&G Cord

28…Elation Par Fixtures w/ C-Clamp, Color Frame, Safety Cable, Power Cable w/ Edison Plug

6….Selador 42” Vivid-R Led Fixtures w/ C-Clamp, Color Frame, Safety Cable, Power Cable w/ Edison Plug

4….14 DEGREE Source Four Lens Tubes

4….19 DEGREE Source Four Lens Tubes

4….26 DEGREE Source Four Lens Tubes

4….36 DEGREE Source Four Lens Tubes

8….50 DEGREE Source Four Lens Tubes

2….90 DEGREE Source Four Lens Tubes

10…5’ 10/3 SO 2P &G stage cables

10…10’ 10/3 SO 2P &G stage cables

6….25’ 10/3 SO 2P &G stage cables

24…2- Fers 36” molded 2P&G 5’ 10/3 SO 2P &G stage cables

10…Standard B-Size Pattern Holder for Source Four

10…6.25” Donuts For 19,26,36,and 50 Degree Source Four

10…7.5” Donut for 14,70,and 90 degree Source Four

2…Drop in Iris for source four

20…12” sliding Tee Sidearm’s

22…Spare HPL575/120 Lamps

5…DMX5PM3PF adapters( for elation fixtures)

34…10’ DMX cables

In addition to these are some older fixtures:

5 ETC source 4- 19deg

2 techno beams (not working yet) donated

5 meteror elipscans (moving mirror head)

12 Altman 750 w Fresnel’s

4 Altman 20deg

2 Altman 26 deg

2 Colortran 5 deg

2 altman ground 3cell cycs

15 very old Atlman Q360’s

This is fantastic data - maybe not the most representative - but looking forward to seeing results of compiling it. I still never know how to count striplights or a full stage border.May just have to always be "and XXX feet of strip lights" even if XXX is unspecified.

In a 600 seat theater:
20 S4 ERS 26 and 36 degrees
10 S4 Jr. ERS - 19 and 26 degrees
30 S4 pars
2 Three part cyc lights
12 LED wash lights
2 moving spots
4 moving LED washes
Various other LED lights

Currently at the HS I "manage" the auditorium for-

2 36 degree S4's
8 Static follow spots in Catwalk. (Yup. You read that right.)
Roundels on our 3 electrics. 3 DS, 4 CS, 3 US

Users who are viewing this thread

Back