Improv Shows

Ok so I am in charge of the Improv Troupe on my college campus and I am trying to figure out lighting and effects for our shows that we will be having come up and I am trying to figure out the lighting atmosphere for these kinds of shows.

Ok so I am in charge of the Improv Troupe on my college campus and I am trying to figure out lighting and effects for our shows that we will be having come up and I am trying to figure out the lighting atmosphere for these kinds of shows.

Throw a nice white wash over the stage for the entire thing. I like using R3208 with R119 in source 4s, tophat them, and make that your FoH wash. Throw in some overstage PARs or Fresnels, possibly using multiple colors if your doing some more complicated stuff, like improv musical theatre or something, or if you want each section of the show to look different. Im a huge fan of columns of light, so I often will mount S4s on the ground and point them up at the back drape, but thats only for certain shows. All you really need is a solid front wash in some white, and some topish light to round it out. If your doing more complex improv shows, obviously you need more stuff and a board op to keep up with the improv.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back