Innovator Colortran 600 difficulties

Bowman

Hello, at my school we have a Colortran 600 which was up until today working as intended more or less. Sometime during the day students were playing with the board while working for an upcoming variety show, and it appears that they have managed to do a complete reset of the thing. Whenever the board is powered up none of the dimmers work anymore. I have tried going through the entire manual and tried everything that I could find that appeared as though it could help. Nothing I tried worked. I did somehow manage to patch everything into the Grand master, but could not get any of the sub masters to work. I am not too experienced with the board, but I am the only one who has time right now with finals going on. Normally I stick to Audio only...
I am not really too experienced with the board beyond its basic functions and no one really seems to know what to do... My struggle is greatly intensified by the fact that we have a variety show we will be doing this coming Friday and it is absolutely imperative that we get it going.
If anyone has any suggestions as to how I can get everything going again it would be GREATLY appreciated!

Are you able to call up any channels individually? If so, you probably just need to re-record the submasters, which should be in the manual.

Here's some very basic big-picture info on starting from scratch.

• Patch
    • This tells the console which control channel numbers operate which dimmer numbers.
    • For starters, set this at 1-to-1 (meaning channel 1 controls dimmer one, ch 2 > dim 2 and so on.) Later, you could create a custom patch to make channel numbers that are convenient for you, but 1-to-1 keeps testing simple.
  • Now try bringing up some channels via the keypad. (I think it's [1] [@] [full] [enter], but check the syntax in the manual)
    • make sure grand master is up and blackout button is not activated
    • If that works, go onto programming subs
    • If not, more troubleshooting is needed
  • Subs
    • Set the look on stage you want, via keypad or channel sliders. Record the look into a sub. (I think [rec] [1] [enter], but again it's been a long time since I've been on this board.) Repeat for more looks

[*]More troubleshooting
    • check settings / setup. There could be something weird in output / DMX / universe settings, etc.
    • reboot. Innovators can be fussy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back