Interesting uses for a 0v - 10v DMX to Analog converter?

I've got a Fleener 0v - 10v DMX to analog converter hanging about that I don't have any need of. Besides the obvious use of controlling some analog dimmers, I was wondering if anyone had any idea's for interesting projects or control solutions?

So far all I've come up with is hooking it up to some relays for controlling fans/motors, or perhaps some solenoids for drop boxes, kabuki drops, etc (but only in non-dangerous, light weight scenarios of course)

So... yeah, ya'll got anything?

Considering that there are still a ton of analog dimmers out there and an ongoing need for convertors, your best move is to sell it to someone who needs it and use the money for whatever your heart desires!
DFD is well respected and as such is still very valuable.

Considering that there are still a ton of analog dimmers out there and an ongoing need for convertors, your best move is to sell it to someone who needs it and use the money for whatever your heart desires!
DFD is well respected and as such is still very valuable.
That's my other plan for it! If anyone is interested in that or some other stuff I'm trying to get rid of for cheap look in the classifieds section ;)

How about using it to control modern architectural fixtures that only accept 0-10v for their dimming. I've had my eyes on these new side lit LED panels or "troffers." They're all over amazon in standard ceiling sizes like 1x3, 2x4, 2x2, etc. They're less than an inch thick and hardly weigh anything; most have mounting kits as well, so I can think of tons of uses on the stage, from realistic dimmable office fixtures to surrealist shows with incredibly soft light. Only problem is I'm sure the dimming is terrible, especially on the cheaper units... maybe give one a try? :)

How about using it to control modern architectural fixtures that only accept 0-10v for their dimming. I've had my eyes on these new side lit LED panels or "troffers." They're all over amazon in standard ceiling sizes like 1x3, 2x4, 2x2, etc. They're less than an inch thick and hardly weigh anything; most have mounting kits as well, so I can think of tons of uses on the stage, from realistic dimmable office fixtures to surrealist shows with incredibly soft light. Only problem is I'm sure the dimming is terrible, especially on the cheaper units... maybe give one a try? :)
If you are trying to control 0-10v architectural fixtures then the DMX interface must be capable of "sinking" the voltage from the fixture. Some interfaces are designed for sourcing only. Some can do either with a setting.

I once made a slide carousel controller that used analog from a DMX interface. Nobody uses slides anymore.

No idea if your device could be modified for this purpose, but I’ve always toyed with the idea of using DMX from the architectural system to turn on the power sequencer for the sound system and /or projector.

It would be nice to have the room light switch turn on (and off) everything so I don’t have to be called in averytime someone wants to have a class meeting or movie, just to push the power buttons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back