Ion/EOS Shortcut?

Chris Chapman

Back in my Express days, I would always use "CHNL ENTER @" to grab all live channels in a scene for intensity changes. I can not for the life of me remember what the analog for this is on the ION. Clues for the clueless?

When nothing is selected in the command line, S2 (I believe) is Select Active, and selects all active channels.

Back in my Express days, I would always use "CHNL ENTER @" to grab all live channels in a scene for intensity changes. I can not for the life of me remember what the analog for this is on the ION. Clues for the clueless?

The [Select Active] button is what you are looking for.

I can't remember if the ION has a hard key or if the hard key is Labeled Select Last - if it is Shift+Select Last will paint the softkeys with the options you are looking for.

- beat me to it :)

I am not sure if I am posting this in the right place (I am new... Well, I had a profile in HS, but that was years ago). I am wondering if for example, I have a VL1100 that has all attributes including shutters perfectly set, is there a way to copy and MIRROR those attributes (aka shutters) into the opposite VL1100 that I have on the other side of the stage? Basically a mirror image, with minimal adjustments, I feel like there was a keystroke for this, however I cannot remember what it was.

What SW version do you use? Select Active is called from softkeys after pressing Shift + Select Last on ION from 2.0-ish onwards.

I am not sure if I am posting this in the right place (I am new... Well, I had a profile in HS, but that was years ago). I am wondering if for example, I have a VL1100 that has all attributes including shutters perfectly set, is there a way to copy and MIRROR those attributes (aka shutters) into the opposite VL1100 that I have on the other side of the stage? Basically a mirror image, with minimal adjustments, I feel like there was a keystroke for this, however I cannot remember what it was.

You can use the Recall From command, but it won't mirror the attributes. This will copy all attributes over. Or you can selectively copy certain attributes by saying
[Unit 1] {Beam}[+]{Color} [Recall From] [Unit 2] [Enter].

You should be able to manually mirror the shutter data though, right? Just negate or swap the numbers once you've copied them over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back