Ion scrambled patch

stephanie

When this first happened I thought it was operator error but it has happened MULTIPLE times after careful saves. What's more is that while working with a tour at a different theater on their touring Ion, they had the SAME issue. I can't write it up as operator error anymore
For the last few months, I have had problems with circuits jumping patch. That is to say, I enter the patch, go back over to live and things work fine- for a while- but then I will shut down the console, or just walk away for a bit (yes, I save the show file) and when I come back circuits will have jumped patch, or scrambled themselves. Anything Goes was in Memphis last week and were having issues with their moving lights. On load out, the head elec came to me to say that the issues he was having at load in were also scrambled patch issues. This is a tough one since it's easy to point fingers and say that it's operator error, but when everything works the day before and you start up the console and things have moved, or go to lunch and find out as show is starting that house lights now include the decoration lights and hall lights and you can't take everything out otherwise someone will get hurt- it's a pretty serious issue.
I also have two fader wings (this works best for our theater- don't judge) on start up pre-programmed subs will jump from one fader wing to the opposite.
WHAT is going on? Help anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
What version of software are you running? I have used pretty much every version since 1.31 and have never seen any such behaviour. It would mean that memory and/or the show file is spontaneously being rewritten, which is very unlikely. Any chance you have a hardware problem? Have you tried calling ETC support?

I was going to suggest posting this on the ETC Forums, as I'm sure ETC would want to hear about this, but then I saw this thread at ETC forums, so nevermind.

As was suggested over there, saving and sending the log files to ETC is probably the first step toward a solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back