Ipaq wireless controller

Our previous lighting designer didnt show me how but how do i go about getting a intelligent mirror and/or color scroller working on dmx?

I take it you are referring to getting the intelligent lights patched into the console? Below is a link to download a tutorial that Bobby Harrell made for the 300/500 series and movers. I would start there and if you need any help, either ask here, or email me.
The console will need to be authorized for networker and wifi if you are using a wireless ipaq. Go to the report screen and look at the list of applications towards the bottom. They should be listed there.

http://www.strandlighting.com/clien...nloads/Strand_500Tutorial_AutomatedV2.8.6.pdf

where can i get microsoft embedded visual basic runtime? also, the ipaq doesnt seem to be working. i can plug it into my laptop and its not hold a charge.

It's probably at least a few years old, it may just need a battery or it may just be dead. Even if this one doesn't work you could pick one up on ebay for under $50. As far as the software just google it, it's bound to pop up.

I have seen that error. I believe it is related to the version of windows mobile on the ipaq. I have always gotten around it by going back into active sync, uninstalling the rfu, then installing it again. I don’t know why it comes up, but I have programmed dozens that way. And if it is an old unit, the battery is probably dead.

sorry for all the comments and other things but our theatre is in need of a tuen around. i dont know if should be saying this but the lighting guy that came out to fix things multiple times hasnt really helped. the pocket pc worked when they used it but after they left it stopped working. they fixed some of the outlets but several of our channel numbers are now wrong. (what use to be 65-81 or so is now 131-141 and 125-131 is the house so when the house lights come on one of those lights come on. we extension corded it to another outlet but very unconvenient. also our cycs are one the wrong numbers which s causeing the last two cycs to come on with house lights.) But my real question for this post is how do i get it back to where each fader on the top panels and the bottem left panel to be 1:1 (channel 1: Light 1) [6 panel board] it use to work but i would like them to be working again. Thanks For all of this wonderful help.

they fixed some of the outlets but several of our channel numbers are now wrong. (what use to be 65-81 or so is now 131-141 and 125-131 is the house so when the house lights come on one of those lights come on. we extension corded it to another outlet but very unconvenient. also our cycs are one the wrong numbers which s causeing the last two cycs to come on with house lights.)
This could be several things either while fixing the outlets they changed the hard patch in the rack, which is probably not the case as it would only be more work for them. Or the soft patch in either the rack or the console has changed. I would check what the patch in the rack is set to and if it sounds logical, I would keep it and repatch the console.

But my real question for this post is how do i get it back to where each fader on the top panels and the bottem left panel to be 1:1 (channel 1: Light 1) [6 panel board] it use to work but i would like them to be working again.
This depends on what they are doing now, but it could be a patch issue as well. Those faders can either be set to single scene (one channel for each of the 24 faders on a panel) or 2 scene (top row and bottom row are the same channels and you crossfade between scenes). How are the faders responding now? If they are not doing anything, the console may just be in the wrong mode.
Check the patch in the console and see if it is one to one or not, and check the mode leds (above the GO X1 faders) to see what mode the console is in.

Thanks For all of this wonderful help.
No problem.

Hit the mode button, that will change the options on the small lcd screen. Hit the button below 1 scene 24 sub. Then hit the mode button again. Now you should be one to one with your faders and you can see if you are good to go. Hit the patch button and you will be able to see if everything is one to one or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back