Issue with my GeniusPro Lightpalette

I have a GeniusPro Lightpalette 300 series and we have renters using our facility all the time and they change the settings. Now I am having an issue that the first row of sliders are not being utilized. Channel 1 is being controlled by slider 25.... I have been through the operator's guide and have found nothing.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

I tried that and it didn't work. My submasters are all on separate sliders and they are all working... the little lights over the sliders are not lit up on the first 24. I think it is something in the settings.

Thanks for your suggestion, any other thoughts?

Very interesting, thanks. The difference between the problems is that my first 24 faders are not active at all.

I'm assuming that your 300 series is modular and can fold. When it powers on all the lights blink for a second if I remember right. Do those first 24 blink at all. If they don't check the cat5 connections on the back of the board. The control unit connects to the processor and all the faders are daisy chained off of it. Maybe one of the connections is lose or the cables broke, then the group using it folded it in half and back again and the cable broke. Just a thought...

We have a 300 in our Studio theatre--how many banks of 24 faders do you have?

First of all, the unit is not meant to be folded. Try using a different CAT-V connector if you have one handy. Instead of trying to clear information from the submasters, check your patch and see if anything is patched to the channels on the subs. If not, try patching something arbitrary (that you know has a fixture, of course), then create a sub with a patched channel. If the sub lights up and works, great! You may also want to make sure all of your submaster functions are set to PILEON. I'll add a list of commands below, in the order I recommend you enter these:

[SUBS] [1] [THRU] [24] Delete Delete
- While you're in the Subs display, check the far right column; it should say "FUNCTION"
- Under that column, all of your Subs should be set to "PILEON" function.
[PATCH] Chan [1] [THRU] [999] Delete Delete back
[DIM #] [@PATCH] [CHAN #] [*]
[LIVE] [CHAN #] [ON]
[RECORD] [#] [*]

[*] [@] [*] [SHIFT]+[CLR]
- Now test your new Sub and see if it works.
- Make sure you SHIFT+CLR or the channel(s) will stay captured.

Hopefully this will help. If not, I'll send Alex (icewolf08) your way. Best of luck!

Last edited:
I have a GeniusPro Lightpalette 300 series and we have renters using our facility all the time and they change the settings. Now I am having an issue that the first row of sliders are not being utilized. Channel 1 is being controlled by the slider for channel 25.... I have been through the operator's guide and have found nothing.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

My issue is not with the subs, it is the first 24 channel sliders. They are patched correctly, but some setting is off so that they are being controlled by the second set of 24.

Firstly, yes Jordan, the 300 series console is meant to fold. That's why it has a hinge.

Second, I would suspect that the linked Control Booth thread (where oddly I said the same thing I am about to say) was exactly what you needed CarrollArts.

Each tile (group of 24 sliders) can be mapped to control a series of 24 sliders. It would appear that the tile that you want to be 1-24 has been unmapped, and the 25-48 tile is mapped as 1-24.

I appologize that I cannot remember the process for fixing this, and some genius has removed the 300 manual from the Strand website. I'd go looking for my copy, but I have a call time to make.

The attached manual is no longer available on Strand's website?

Attachments

• 300_500_console_manual.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 452
The attached manual is no longer available on Strand's website?

Unless they have found a creative way to hide it, I don't think so. It may be in the hands of the Philips technical writer for a redo.

Panel Configuration (300 Series Consoles)
When you purchase a 300 Series console, the configuration of the fader modules supplied is set
at the factory. The maximum number of fader panels is 7, so if you have 5 fader panels and a
command module in your system. the fader panels are numbered in the 220node.cfg file as fdr1
to fdr 5.
1-34
If you purchase additional fader panels and connect them to the system, or you remove one or
more fader panels, you must reset the panel configuration.
To reset the panel configuration after adding or removing fader panels, proceed as follows:
· With all panels connected to the command module, press <REPORT> {ADV SETUP}
then {PANEL SETUP}.This will cause each fader panel to display its fader number by
illuminating the number of LEDs in red on the left-hand side of the top row of the fader
panel according to its fader number (1 - 7). For instance, fader number 3 will illuminate
three LEDs.
· You can change the fader panel number by pressing one of the first 7 bump keys on the
on the top row of the fader panel. For instance, to change a fader panel to Fader 3, press
the third bump key from the left on the top row
· Once you have reset the panel configuration, yoy must press {SAVE} to save the new
panel configuration. After pressing {SAVE} you will require to shutdown and restart the
console.
· If you have removed one or more fader panels, you most clear the configuration by
pressin {CLEAR}. This will extinguish all the LEDs and reset all faders in the 220node.cfg
file to 00.
· You can then set the panel fader numbers using the bump keys as previously described.
· Press {SAVE} and shutdown and restart the console..
To leave the 'Orders' Menu, press the {BACK} softkey.

Last edited:
The above is what you need to do,
When you go to REPORT>ADVSETUP>PANEL SETUP

The panels LED's should go out and be replaced by Red LED's in the top left hand corners,

Panel 1 will have the first LED illuminated Red and panel 2 will have the first and second illuminated red...

If they are different you can change them easily by pressing the first bump button on the 1st fader panel you want as 1-24! and the second one will automatically run as the second panel!

Also check the software!
If your console is only able to run 24subs, then having a second panel will only do channels by default!

You need to have the software to run 48 submasters to make the two panels act as two sub playback wings!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back