LED Conversion Upcoming

We finally locked in the fixture bid and project specs with the project going out to RFP on Thursday. The deadline for those proposals is March 15 with the electrical/dimming/control systems upgrades going May 29-June 22. Exciting times for sure!

That reminded me, RJ now has the preliminary spec sheet available online. Still not listed at the ACTlighting price list.

That reminded me, RJ now has the preliminary spec sheet available online. Still not listed at the ACTlighting price list.
We ended up getting preliminary pricing through a vendor for the Oz w/ a stand and shipping, and I just noticed the spec sheet online as well this morning and downloaded it. Surprised at how much more it is listed at compared to the Roxie, but it should be plenty powerful for a 90' throw compared to our current Midget HP 1209s.

Hey all, just an update on our final equipment and accessory listing. Final POs have gone out to all vendors; here's a listing of everything for those that are interested.

Fixtures and Accessories:
  • 80 ETC Source Four Series 2 Lustr
  • 21 ETC Source Four Desire D60 Vivid
  • 14 ETC Source Four ColorSource Cyc
  • 12 Chauvet Pro Rogue R2 Wash
  • 12 Chauvet Pro Maverick MK2 Spot
  • 2 Robert Juliat Oz CW Spot w/ tripod
  • 20 SSRC LED 150w CW worklights
  • 40-50 additional lens tubes (handful of EDLTs too), soft wash diffusers - already have approximately 40-50 lens tubes
  • 21 D60 Medium and Wide Round diffusers, barn doors
  • 150 DMX cable - varying lengths, terminators
  • 100 PowerCON, 25 TrueONE cables - varying lengths, PC to T1 turnarounds
  • ETC Nomad, Gadget, one touring two-port gateway and two touring one-port nodes
Dimming/Control
  • Ion 6K ugrade
  • Sensor IQ 48 rack for stage lighting and DRd6 rack w/ Paradigm for house lights (includes all breakers and relays)
  • Full data distribution - DMX outs on 3 electrics (2 outs each), DS and US proscenium wall left and right, each box boom both left and right, house bar, catwalk and booths; ETC Net inputs on stage and in booth
  • Two touchscreen preset stations along with a handful of 5-button preset stations throughout the space.
Things are scheduled to get underway after the final event in there on Sunday, May 27 - high school commencement. Can't wait for the fun to begin.

For those playing along at home, Actlighting has updated the USA Robert Juliat (just curious, since it's a French company do you have to pronounce it Ro-Bare?) price list to include the OZ and the wide throw Alice.

Good since I have them specified on quite a few projects, some of which have already bid.

Last I heard on the Oz (a week ago from our vendor) is that they're expecting to ship out the Oz sometime in August at this point. We're slated for a facility shutdown starting Tuesday as our electrical sub and stage lighting subs start their work coming up.

There are several differences between the Rogue R2 spot and the Maverick MK2, the main one being that the Maverick zooms.

The Rogue R2x Spot has a 300w LED engine, with 1 rotating and one fixed Gobo wheel, 2 color wheels, iris, prism, and frost, at a fixed 16.5 deg beam angle. It’s great for live music, small to mid sized tours, and as a general workhorse for a/v rental.

The Maverick MK2 Spot has a 440w LED, a 12-36 deg. zoom, CMY+variable CTO color mixing, plus a color wheel, 2 rotating Gobo wheels, iris, prism, and a more subtle and variable frost. It’s better for higher end touring, television, event, and theatrical applications. It also comes in a profile version (with a high CRI light engine, and framing shutters).

"Oh." :)

Thanks.

Explains why the Mav is 3 times the price of the Rogue, certainly.

We currently have 4 of the Mav MK2 Profile fixtures and a ~dozen MK2 Spots in our shop. We've gotten great responses from concert LDs and TV work, and we have a batch going out on a 5 show theatre run this summer. The designers that looked at the Mavs really liked them. We'll see what we all think in 3 months.

The Street price of the MK2 Profile is about $5800. Your dealer may offer a discount based on quantity, or your relationship. But you won’t see it advertised for less than $5799.99.

Last edited:
By the way, glad to see you posting more here. For a while it seemed you were probably being run ragged with all the great, new stuff coming out. Or perhaps you just locked yourself away playing with all the new goodies. Any idea on how long before we see some ballpark figures for the new items, especially the IP65 moving wash?

Pricing on all of the new gear should be out for InfoCOMM in June.

@SD

We are nearing completion on unpacking somewhat over 520 new units supplied about a month ago, thru various sources to our very-late-to-open new facility.

146 S4 incandescent ellipsoidals, 138 S4 Pars, 134 Lustre II’s, 52 D60’s, 24 Color Source Pars, 9 VL1100, 16 Elation Satiras, 10 Elation Platinum 7’s, 30 ColorForce strips, 28 Net3 Nodes, 3 Ions, spare lenses, top hats, barn doors, c-clamps, safety cables, gobo holders, etc.....etc.....

It’s a crap ton of work to unbox, count, test, etc.... been at it for 3 weeks and I missed the delivery and first week. Every LED needs connection to the console so you can run some up/down dim check, colors, etc.... and we haven’t yet checked if they need software updating. Getting rid of packing material alone is a few days.

Our TD got a brilliant idea to bar code everything which if nothing else, gave us a count of what was received.

I’ve been at it 8 days alone and haven’t yet run up the 35 movers. Finding space to store and count is a real issue.

So be prepared for a few weeks to get this stuff into the system.

@SD

We are nearing completion on unpacking somewhat over 520 new units supplied about a month ago, thru various sources to our very-late-to-open new facility.

146 S4 incandescent ellipsoidals, 138 S4 Pars, 134 Lustre II’s, 52 D60’s, 24 Color Source Pars, 9 VL1100, 16 Elation Satiras, 10 Elation Platinum 7’s, 30 ColorForce strips, 28 Net3 Nodes, 3 Ions, spare lenses, top hats, barn doors, c-clamps, safety cables, gobo holders, etc.....etc.....

It’s a crap ton of work to unbox, count, test, etc.... been at it for 3 weeks and I missed the delivery and first week. Every LED needs connection to the console so you can run some up/down dim check, colors, etc.... and we haven’t yet checked if they need software updating. Getting rid of packing material alone is a few days.

Our TD got a brilliant idea to bar code everything which if nothing else, gave us a count of what was received.

I’ve been at it 8 days alone and haven’t yet run up the 35 movers. Finding space to store and count is a real issue.

So be prepared for a few weeks to get this stuff into the system.

What space are you with Steve? I'd love to gleam the tech specs and spy the space ;)

Thanks for the words of wisdom. I believe our Chauvet stuff is shipping out tomorrow which is only the movers - 12 more R2 Washes (we had 3 already) and 12 Maverick MK2 Spots. We were originally going with the MK1s but made a last minute decision to switch out to the MK2s.

The bulk of our fixtures/accessories are shipping out early June, so while I'm eagerly anticipating it and thankful it's nowhere near your 500+ fixtures (we're at about 140-150 total), I'm a bit overwhelmed simply thinking about unpacking and verifying counts alone, much less testing each fixture and checking for firmware updates prior to getting them up in the air. After that, it'll be working with our Ion to program some rep plot presets, palettes, and groups, which I haven't had much to do with lately.

I'm also a bit worried about storage, but it'll be a fun problem to have. In a good way, I'm happy we're being forced to get rid of our regular (for storage purposes) but hopeful we won't miss out on design needs from those fixtures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back