LED Cue-light

Now that this has become a 7 page project, why not make it really tricky and build a dmx cue light?

To me, it's only 2 pages.:mrgreen:
And I'm not sure DMX is the answer. Do you really want the lighting people to be triggering cue lights? Unless we are cuing domes in which case the idea has merit. But some form of digital signal may be a better option, run 3 core looped to everything and then just include a dip switch on each unit to address it... I like... (The 3 core is for power, data & ground. Yes you could even multiplex that but it seems too much like hard work for this particular application)

DMX is next on the project list, I'm not sure how though, or what, or when.

If we have to guide you through the process of building and troubleshooting something DMX based, I'll be needing a pay rise. Not a % rise, and actual amount rise :twisted:

So if my inclination is right and Charc is actually "intern charlie", then to answer your question... you could have just asked me how I built my "LED Cue Light system" and I would have told you. Its funny what you find when you search to see if anyone has designed a similar system to yours.

So if my inclination is right and Charc is actually "intern charlie" ...
proxy.php

Still don't quite understand the cartoon, but it seemed somehow appropriate. Where the h3ll has Charc been anyway? Is he still locked in that closet with the cat?

The system that I suspect started this conversation is a simple LED system, 4 switches with LED "on" indicators wired in series with individual resistors to show continuity, running on two xlr runs y'ed to four "modules" made from xlr connectors with a single led and resistor. If you really wanted to get fun with it you could use data cable giving you 5 hots and a common neutral. For the right price I will build you one, "In my free time".

proxy.php

Still don't quite understand the cartoon, but it seemed somehow appropriate. Where the h3ll has Charc been anyway? Is he still locked in that closet with the cat?

I must.....
gafftaper said:
Derek is actually a 12 year old girl from South Dakota... I am a 13 year old girl from Taipei.

Thanks for your comments folks. We started NuDelta Digital to deliver the best cue light system on the market. One of the "Eureka!" moments for me was when a student came back from working her summer internship and said that she spent two days running multi cable for cue lights. MULTI CABLE!?!? I was astounded. The weight and expense of that cable is a bit much when all you need is a bright LED. And so it began.......
And yes, we are open to suggestions for new products and/or product improvements.

Where the h3ll has Charc been anyway? Is he still locked in that closet with the cat?

He's hanging out with Hughesie in "I think CB hates me" land.

"I'd use this: TMB's ProCue." Dead Product link - no longer listed on TMB web site.

Re: Another LED Cue-light system

Here's a cue light system system built in Australia by Leon Audio-

Easy to use Digital Theatre Cue Light

Very rugged and the topology independent wiring makes running cable easy. The company was very helpful in getting it to work with our "North American" cueing methods (green on for standby, green off for GO).

Also able to interface via RS232 serial port for automating cue lights.

-Todd

My favorite cue light system. Simple, nearly performer and stage manager proof, and not too expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back