Lightronic into a cd 80

atsugi

I am hooking up 2 lightronics to a cd80 portable dimmer rack I have plugged them into 4 open circuits and set those to non dim however my strand 550i doesn't recognize the lightronic 420 packs. My dmx is connected to the board properly but yet nothing. I think it might be the dip switch positions but I can't find any documentation online. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Wait, you plugged the power to your portable dimmer packs Into a dimmer pack? That's not a good idea. Do a search for "Dimmers set to non dim" and you will see why.

Once you have constant power (ie a wall plug) on your lightronics packs, some other questions can be asked. Do you have a DMX cable connected between the cd80 and the lightronics packs? How big of a cd80 pack do you have? 12 circuit or 24? You would then set the dmx address of the first lightronics pack to be one number higher than the last dimmer in the pack, so if you have 24 dimmers in the CD80, the dmx address of the Lightronics pack would be 25.

As millamber said powering the racks through non dims on your other racks is not a good idear in the slightest. As for a dmx issue, where in the dmx chain are the portable racks? What kind of board do you have? Which universe are they in? How do you have them addressed?

Grog12 said:
As millamber said powering the racks through non dims on your other racks is not a good idear in the slightest. As for a dmx issue, where in the dmx chain are the portable racks? What kind of board do you have? Which universe are they in? How do you have them addressed?

Hmm never relized that going through a non dim would be an issue. Went to the wall and addressing was easy once I found a list of the address switches on the lightronics website. Thanks for the in site on the non dim issue I appreciate it

A dimmer set to non-dim or 'parked' at FL is not okay, but a true relay module is fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back