Looking for multi track video player

Morte615

Ok everyone I am looking for a video player that can play 4 videos at the same time, but each video can be started from a trigger at different intervals.

Here is what I need:
1. at least 4 videos, it will be the same video but it must be able to run each monitor independently and be triggered.
2. under $200, I know that I can do this with an arduino and 4 single media players for that price so I don't want to go over, but would love to have it all in a single unit, though I may be able to slide a bit with that price.
3. Must be solid state! I do not want to mess with DVD's or anything like that.

Any ideas, or am I going with my original idea which is a single media player at each monitor, controlled from an Arduino for triggers and in-use lights.

Oh and also I know this can all be done with a computer, but I am looking for a single rack mount self contained unit. The boss does not want to have a separate computer do this (I tried to get him to pick up a Mac and Q-Lab but no juice :)

Either all :) we are making the video so output format we can work with. And SD is fine though if we can get he that works also. We are also purchasing monitors so connections don't matter, we will purchase to match control system

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

I was considering raspberry pi but I already know arduino and I have other actions it will be doing over triggering the video so I want to use them

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

The Arduino is just triggering the media player. I plan on using the Micca players since the timing does not have to be 100% on the dot, they are cheap, and it works ok as is. But I need 4 different video feeds and was hoping to find a single unit that could output the 4 video feeds with a trigger for each, instead of having to buy 4 Micca players and running many wires to each location.

I know the hardware is out there, but it usually runs in the thousands and I know I can do the video portion for under $200 with more labor and wire on my end. I may be willing to go slightly over $200 to save on the other stuff but not much.

Ah. No I meant using a single $25 pi for each output channel. I have not myself run across video players with multiple outputs which are not broadcast / industrial gear and, as you note, well up over 4 digits.

Sent from my SPH-L720

How about a digital video player:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

For what you're trying to do, there really isn't a budget-friendly box out there. If you know how to do the Arduino/Micca idea, I would go with it. I agree with Jay about the Raspberry Pi, they're an absolutely awesome little computer. But the fact that you know how to set it up with the Arduino/Micca would end up probably saving money in the long run, due to the fact that you would need time to figure out how to integrate other hardware. And time=money.

I gave this some mpre thought overnight, and I think you could set up a Pi to be the target for Dave's Cue Player, which can play videos to network targets.

I just don't know how well it would handle 4 at once...

Sent from my SPH-L720

Users who are viewing this thread

Back