Control/Dimming Marquee to Ion show file transfer?

You bet!

Please let us know what he has to say; someone else may find his response useful in the future.

Best,
John

Does Horizon Marquee save in the USITT ASCII format ?.

If it does, you can import that to Ion.

It's really only useful for basic stuff such as channel levels, cues and timings. Part cues, subs, etc... typically don't translate and forget about movers or any multi-attribute channels.

Marquee does not save in ASCII format. I have not been able to find any way to convert Marquee to anything. I did send tech support an email and they said if i sent them the show file they "might" be able to convert it to ASCII. They also said it would take a few days and i needed it in a hurry so i never followed through.

Does Horizon Marquee save in the USITT ASCII format ?.

If it does, you can import that to Ion.

It's really only useful for basic stuff such as channel levels, cues and timings. Part cues, subs, etc... typically don't translate and forget about movers or any multi-attribute channels.

As Steve has pointed out, the ASCII file format does not support multi-attribute fixtures for generic import purposes. However, if we have identified the ability to do a show file import (as we have from legacy ETC products, Congo, Strand 500 Series, NTX or Avab VLC) in various marketing materials, that means we have written supporting software on our end to import the majority of the show file information, including patch, referenced data and so forth. Even with a supported ASCII file import, things like effects and macros will probably not come across in any meaningful way - except for Espress/ion and Obsession files, which have a similar effect and macro structure to the Eos family. An unsupported ASCII import will likely bring in cues, timing, some of patch and submasters, if the submaster structure is fairly standard. If you can get an ASCII export from your source desk, and your show is primarily conventional, you should be able to get at least the basic structure of the show in. Hope that helps!!

Anne Valentino
Eos Product Line Manager
ETC

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back