Wireless Micing in Survivor Finale show?

VE5CE

Does anyone have a clue as to why all the contestants are wearing 2 Lapel mics and the host is only wearing one.

Is it a Theatre Television thing. Needing two feeds one for the theatre itself and one for the television company.

:confused:

I'm not sure what the reason is, but it is definitely not for the reason you mentioned. They will be using a splitter to get the signal to the house and broadcast positions.

I know some of the more wild late night talk shows put two mics on the host/guests so if things get crazy and they break one, they have a backup. I don't remember which show it was that I heard that about though.

Also, did anybody notice the sound when they cut from the recorded music to the live broadcast?

I can't put my finger on it... it just sounded not as good and... off after the cut

granted, i was watching online so maybe it was that.

/quote
I know some of the more wild late night talk shows put two mics on the host/guests so if things get crazy and they break one, they have a backup.
/quote

I think Russell could have broken his (he didn't but was certainly a risk to) with all his standing up and punching. Also, there was lots of hugging between the contestants... maybe the mic could have been smothered or accidentally adjusted if someone was hugging and that is why there were two mics.

I know some of the more wild late night talk shows put two mics on the host/guests so if things get crazy and they break one, they have a backup. I don't remember which show it was that I heard that about though.

Exactly. This is usually the reason that two mics are used, one is a backup, especially if the performers are going to be active.

This is more common on news anchors and usually the mics are hard wired. You will also notice that many late night shows have hard wired mics built into the chairs that the guest puts on when they sit. Where the contestants moving around or did they all sit and stay seated? If so, there is a really good chance they had hardwired mics.

....and many of you just admited you watch survivor... :twisted:

I don't normally Watch Survivor. It was just what my Uncle was watching. I was on Control booth and every now and then would glance up and I noticed that. There was a fair bit of movement up and down and hugging and just overall lots of movement.

This is more common on news anchors and usually the mics are hard wired. You will also notice that many late night shows have hard wired mics built into the chairs that the guest puts on when they sit. Where the contestants moving around or did they all sit and stay seated? If so, there is a really good chance they had hardwired mics.

....and many of you just admited you watch survivor... :twisted:

I don't mind admitting that I watch Survivor...

The Survivor folks were not hard wired. They got up and moved around some while mic'ed. I have seen the likes of Lettermen and Leno use hard wired mics built into the chairs.

I would think the dual micing is mostly for redundency, but it could also be to get better pickup when the person has their head turned one way or the other.

Figured so, although that could be a lot of packs and batteries.

Last year Masterchef was going through 200 batteries a day down here. They shot 6 days a week for quite a number of weeks.

Lucrative if you have shares in Duracell...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back