More about our LOVELY Status.

When you shut off power to a console it still sucks a very small amount of electricity from the outlet. this is to keep the battery inside the console unused/recharged and to keep the memory in the ram just that. I was not stating the power switch on the console. I was speaking of a switch on a power strip or wall outlet. just because the button says off doesn't mean its actually "off".
Just think about your standard computer. it never really turns off, unless you unplug the computer. there is a small watch battery inside your computer for those just in case moments when power is lost temporarily. once it is plugged back in or power restored to the computer it recharges this watch battery.

You're right, but that doesn't really explain why some consoles can live in road cases half their lives and still not have this problem. I think that in this case, something else is going on.

(sorry if this is drifting off topic)

:)

I haven't noticed the temperature. And I have cleaned it out as well.

Even if the board was working to 100% of its potention, unlike it running at like 30..we still would be getting a new one soon as it only has 48 control channels and we have 70.

If you can get someone suitably qualified to help, you can meter the current draw of the battery when you put it in. That should help verify the problem is excessive draw. Also there may be damage resulting from the excessive current draw... for this to be happening it must be many times the normal draw.

Actually, do you know how to use and have access to a multimeter?

If you do want to measure current draw, stick a piece of paper between the battery and upper terminal - that will break the circuit and give you a convenient place to measure. Looking at the data sheet, you shouldn't be pulling more than 0.03 mA.
/mike

The first thing to check is that the battery is in the right way and not upside down. If I recall correctly, unlike most other types of batteries, the smaller terminal is negative, not positive.

If that is ok, you can check whether there is a charging current. That can be done in the same manner as n1ist suggested in #64.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back