Mystery incandescent lamp?

RonHebbard

Premium Member
Departed Member
Looking for info on a lamp like this:

C:\DOCUME~1\User\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.jpg
C:\DOCUME~1\User\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.jpg

@RonHebbard it looks like you linked to files on your desktop and inserted them with the insert picture button located above the text box. That doesn't work. You need to either upload the pictures somewhere else and then insert the link to them into the little picture button above the text box or you can use the upload a file tab below the text edit box to upload the pictures to CB directly.

I can honestly say I have never seen a lamp like that....Honestly, Never.

Well, I don't know either but is it one of these:
0068393e856d8634e06cd78674054b3e.jpg

Or perhaps one of these:
Unusual-unique-light-bulbs.jpg

Or maybe even you have one of these rarities:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

OMG! A Redi-Kilowatt lightbulb?!?!?!

Yeah, I wish someone made a sticker or Tshirt with Reddy on it which said I was born.....Reddy.
There were also similar bulbs with bunches of flowers in them.

Reactions: Van
I can cut you a vinyl sticker....Hmmmm.
Was Reddy a Tennessee Valley thing only ? I remember seeing him everywhere in Oklahoma when I was a kid, but I can't say I've seen him out here in Oregon.

Well, I don't know either but is it one of these:
View attachment 14041
Or perhaps one of these:
View attachment 14042
Or maybe even you have one of these rarities:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I wonder if this is a "flickering neon" Reddy Kilowatt lamp---similar to the flickering neon candle lamps. Reddy himself looks like an electrode coming out of the small gray box (diode and resistor?) on the base.

And here he is lit up:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Red...=ZMo9WJDiOtjWjwO69YCoDA#imgrc=Qqlw-kZ_3-6qwM:

ST

Reactions: Van
@RonHebbard are you going to really share the picture of your mystery incandescent light or are you only teasing?

I can cut you a vinyl sticker....Hmmmm.
Was Reddy a Tennessee Valley thing only ? I remember seeing him everywhere in Oklahoma when I was a kid, but I can't say I've seen him out here in Oregon.
Ready was the symbol for Utah Power and Light back in the 1950s, I therefore assume that he was pretty universal.

@RonHebbard are you going to really share the picture of your mystery incandescent light or are you only teasing?
I would but I don't know how. It's someone else's mystery. It clearly says Westinghouse 1,000
@RonHebbard Are you going to really share the picture of your mystery incandescent light or are you only teasing?
I would but I don't know how. It's an associate's problem. It clearly says Westinghouse on it and 1,000 Watts 120 Volts. With no physical size reference to go by, it appears to be pear or globular shaped and to have a Mogul bi-pin base which I think would be reasonable. I'm told he's taken it to Christie's Toronto and their "lamp expert" hasn't a clue. The lamp is out of an orchestra pit down light in a local high school auditorium. Apparently it was normally re-lamped by one of the caretakers and purchased by someone in the board of ed's purchasing department. At the moment, they're stymied to source a spare.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

Does the fixture have a parabolic reflector? Rambusch Lighting made parabolic downlights back in the 1960s that used T24 mogul bipost lamps. They would use lamps such as
https://www.interlight.biz/light-bulb/ANSI-1M/T24/5

A photo of the fixture and socket would help. The PS52 envelope shape might have been someone's attempt at a retrofit for a cheaper lamp. At one time, some lamp manufacturers could do small runs of oddballs.

If the fixture is Rambusch, they make modern ones with similar mounting and photometrics, but with modern and efficient lamps.

Could it be a pre halogen lamp, here is a 5000W mogul bi post, rather pear shape, there were lower wattage ones:
ecn_120v_5000w_g38~ansi.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back