Need help lighting a cyc

Director wants to add 2 new cycs. We only have 6' of stage to work with. here's the biggest problem: we have TWO 20' wide X 20' high sections to light.

I have never lit a cyc, and need some help. We have some cyc lights, but would like to get some recommendations and suggestions on getting the thing evenly lit, especially using LED if possible.

From what I have been reading, we are going to have to light from top and bottom to get it even.

Thanks for your help...

I can post some pics of what we have tomorrow...

You do not have to do it from top and bottom to get an even wash. You just need the proper unit from the proper distance.

LED is really not the way to go for an even cyc.

Mike

We have some cyc lights, but would like to get some recommendations and suggestions on getting the thing evenly lit
Check the photometric data for your cyc lights. It should be available on the manufacturer's website. Once you get the numbers, you can do the math and see if what you have will cover your cyc.

with 6 feet you could also try setting up a bounce. We used one for our last set to hide the point source and give a preety even wash. We did do the top and bottom lighting routine. Tough with the sky cycs the ground units were not really needed. What sort of lighting units are you using? What are the boarders omn the floor sides and ceiling of the cyc. What are the electrics set up as? Also what colors are needed? What is your toler ance for lighting bleeding out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back