New house wallpaper? :)

MillburyAuditorium

Well, I have been asking about a bunch of things we have needed in our theater for a while here, and now we pretty much have gotten our main goals done, except a new light board, but that will be soon.
We are also looking for new speakers, but thats pretty simple.

Anyways, we randomly got money to repaint the ceiling, hey, any improvements are welcomed, especially if we don't pay for it : )
Right now the walls are the white cement blocks you see in schools a lot, and ceiling is plaster with wood on top to walk around the rafters (I wouldn't walk in there if I had to, no way am I crashing through the ceiling : P
Anyways, since we are repainting the ceiling, we figured, why not try and find some cheap wallpaper? We were thinking of some desighns, and i think I found a good one, This would only be on the sides of the house, the proscenium arch and wall around it would still be white, and the rear wall of hte house is wood panal sort of thing.
I was thinking the ceiling be a nice red, and for the walls, one side have a city in daytime, and the otherside a city in night time, what do you think? :)

It sounds like a custom mural that will cost a ton.

Last edited:
Personally I think a neutral design works best, especially since at some point the audience space might be used as part of the production.

Red ceiling sounds a bit out there but ....

you might be better to look a acoustic treatments

Sharyn

Yeah, for some reason I swear I saw something like it somewhere.

spend the money on a good paint job somthing that will still look good in ten years. unless you do a whole lot of prep work for the wallpaper it will likely look ugly within two years. by that point in time you can no longer get that same pattern paper.

there is plenty of prep work to do with a good paint job.

use standard colors that can be easly obtained for touch ups in the many years coming

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back