Please critique my paging system.

Van

CBMod
CB Mods
Premium Member
Here's what I have.
Comms : PI MS-200

Greenroom monitor: a feed off of a mic run through a small board, then out to the green room where it goes into a Vacomm V1020-C speaker. The same board sends signal out to booth monitors.

Problem: Everytime the SM pages someone in the greenroom it goes through the booth monitors.

Solution:
I have purchased all the parts to run the page function off of the MS-200.
24v power supply will run to the valcom speakers, powering the on-board amp each speaker has. The power will be tapped so that the hot leg run out to the N/O relay in the MS-200 then back out to the relay in my box. the relay is a DPDT. The N/C side will have the feed from the house mic attached. The N/O side will have the "paging output" from the MS-200 hooked to it. The output is 600 Ohms the spec'd input for the valcom speakers is 600Ohms. comming out of the box will be a standard < 24gaw> phone line two wires for the audio signal, two wires for the 24v power supply.
So now the function should be that when the SM hits the Page button the contacts inside the MS-200 close which activates the relay in my project box. when activated the relay switches the out put to the speaker from the house mic to the SM's headset mic.

Ok what did I miss ? Do you think there is going to be a giant "pop" everytime this is activated ?

Ok, good, now that It's time to install, I'll let you all know if it works.

Hey, Van ! It worked great there isn't even a discenable 'Pop' when you hit the page button as the relay kicks over. Thanks for the input. and those suggestion on installing the new speakers in differnt boxes really gave a clearer freq response and made it easier for hte actors to distinguish the subtle noises of certain stage actions over the monitor system. I thought it was pretty funny how The SM thought there was something wrong the first time they turned it on and it was Too loud and you had to show them how to turn down a volume knob. Well, there's another project complete. On to the next.

Van you're my hero.

We're so glad CB could be of assistance. Although, given time, I'm certain we could have proposed a more costly and complex solution.

We're so glad CB could be of assistance. Although, given time, I'm certain we could have proposed a more costly and complex solution.

...That doesn't really do what the original poster asked for assistance with!

Are we (as in CB Staff) going to sticky this for future reference?

Is it me or are all the three posts from VAN

Edrick ! These are not the posts you are looking for!

Do we have a schitzophrenia problem here on CB? ......0.o

It's a lot better then it used to be. Although it might be resurfacing in a few members.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back