Projection Tool Kit

LavaASU

So I need to put together a dedicated projection tool kit for myself. The shows I'll be using this for are high end corporate and I will only be doing projection and possibly some other video work (don't need my lighting kit in other words). This is for personal tools, but I don't expect to have many company tools readily available. Oh and in needs to fit in a sub 50lb pelican. Anyone have one of these or have suggestions?

Immediately off the bat I'd want:
Two crescent wrenches.
Metric folding hey key sets.
Really long hex drivers in the small sizes, 7/32 and smaller.
The usual slotted and Phillips drivers
A Trumpeter for BNC connectors could be handy.
Whatever products your manufacturer recommends for lens cleaning.
A laptop with all sorts of test patterns on it.
A cat5 stripper/cutter/crimper, don't get a cheap one.
A good pair of diagonal pliers.

Other things you don't need but could be useful:
A BNC compression tool. BNC connectors are very specific you need the exact tool for the brand of your connectors and cable.

A Global Presenter. No matter how much people want to believe it, a projector remote does NOT advance PowerPoint slides!

A big Plano, tackle box, or similar divider case full of many multiples of every style of BNC/F/RCA adapter can be very useful. VGA to five wire adapters are also super handy. Be ready to take video signal in every form you can imagine from any laptop you can imagine. Heard a tidbit from a friend recently about how a client just couldn't understand why his laptop running Windows 98 couldnt connect to the hotel wifi!

Ok, that's my initial thoughts, I'll think of more later I'm sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Users who are viewing this thread

Back