Projector Resolution & Licensing?

Ed5150

Hi guys, just another quick question, from doing research it seems that most theatres (UK) seem to be still using projectors that run 1024x768 so creating HD footage seems like a bit of a waste of my time....?

We are buying 2 projectors to tour around with and also hook into whatever is "in house" making 3 screens but would like to know if this is still the standard res so i know whether I'm buying 1024 or a HD projectors?

My final question is regarding a possible VPL licence? as the show requires us to use footage from certain music videos, surely I don't have to obtain permission from every single person is there a global licence that I can pay for that covers every artist involved?

Thanks in advance this is my first show and I want to make sure all the legalities etc.. are in place

Cheers

I'm not a copyright lawyer but I think your usage of material would fall under grand rights as it is integral to the performance. As a grand right, only the copyright holder can authorize the use of the material. Licensing agents like SOCAN or ASCAP only deal with small rights usage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back