Proxima 9290 - seems to get power, but control panel does not light

aggie93

Howdy y'all,

I've joined the community in hopes that someone might have some insight into Proxima 9290 diagnostics.

I have a previously working 9290 from work (we replaced this with a quieter model).

Now that I have it home, I don't see any sign of life: not indicator light, no lamp warming up, no fans spinning, nothing.

When I connect my laptop using VGA (the only connector I've tested), Windows 7 sees the projector.

Per the manual, I connect VGA before connecting the AC.

I used my multimeter and checked one connection on the power supply board and I get 120V AC.

I've pressed the reset button on the back a few times, but no go.

I've removed and reseated the bulb twice, nothing.

I even powered it on without the bulb, but no change (ie: no indicator lights).

Any suggestions short of call a tech?

I would speculate there is an internal fuse that got blown. If you're a bench guy take the case off and check for a fuse right near the AC inlet.

If you're not a bad guy, you're going to need aftermarket service. Proxima got eaten by InFocus , and having myself just tried to locate the RS 232 command set for a 9260, I can tell you those things are orphans.

Sent from my SPH-L720

I agree that it is either a bad fuse or a loose connection on one of the connectors. Most likely there is a bad connection from the LVPS to the main processor board. Has this been opened up previously?

I agree that it is either a bad fuse or a loose connection on one of the connectors. Most likely there is a bad connection from the LVPS to the main processor board. Has this been opened up previously?

Agreed. If it worked before being moved, I'd lean towards a loose connection. Only because how did the fuse get blown? I've had a loose connection between the button and light pcb (this is separate on some and is directly on the motherboard on others) and the motherboard make a DOA unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back