Purchasing LED wall washers

DjJay

I love this site. Everyone has been so helpful.
Iam planning on purchasing more LED units to wall wash. Currently I have 36 ColorBlast 12 TR from Color Kinetics.
I need to buy 24 or 36 more units, but the problem is I dont know what to get. I researched the American DJ Mega Bars Pro, the Chauvet Par 64's, and all the other color strips.
Does anyone have any recommendations?
Thanks guy.

Jay
RaazLIVE.com

Chroma-Q - Products - Creative LED - Color Force 12 - Features

I saw a demo of the aforementioned Chroma-Q Color Force units at work and I would actually recommend them OVER Selador units for lighting a cyc. The range of colors that I was able to get was insane. They use the same kind of amber as the Seladors - a phosphor-shifted amber - so it's much more of a white-amber than the red-amber or green-amber of some other units. I was able to get color with the amber and the magenta that were just mindblowing for LEDs - and the colormixing even at short distances was great. The dimming curve is the best that I have ever seen. Knocks the socks off of the Seladors, even. Put a Color Force and a Selador next to eachother, dim them on a 5-minute count, and you should see what I'm talking about. And with the number of 5:00 counts that I have used on cycs, this is a really nice feature. Both the cyc lens and the border lens were shown, and they are a great addition. That's the only thing that Selador has over the Color Force units - the lensing. For lighting people I would go with the Seladors due to the color rendition of costumes and skin and such - you want it to look like the color it appears to be in front of a 3200k blackbody source, and the selador will approximate that spectrum better than anything else (having taken astrophysics in college and studied blackbody radiations more than I ever wanted to, this makes a whole lot of sense to me).

Check out VFX lighting for a lower cost, decent quality fixture. If you search the forum you will find a more detailed thread on them.

36x3W RGBA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back