Automated Fixtures Quick Robe Mode Question

Bbartlett

Gooday all,

I have been coming to this site for a while now and it is just a wealth of knowledge and information. I will give you all a proper introduction in the "New Members" section and let you know who I am and what I do. But for now I just have a quick question about Robes and their different modes. More specifically the Robe ColorSpot 575 AT. We have recently purchased a couple of these and are using a Jands Vista I3 as the control desk. Now... I can only get light output from them if I load up the Mode 1 personality for one and Mode 2 for the other. If I try and use say Mode 2, 3, or 4 for fixture A, I cannot get any light output, but tilt pan etc all work fine (and same goes for Mode 1, 3, and 4 for Fixture B). Now my reading around suggests that if you load a personality that is inconsistent with what mode the light is running you will not be able to get any light output. (PS I know the lamp strikes as I can see through the casing, but the shutter will not open even though it is opened on the desk) So basically I would just like a bit more information about the different Modes and how they work and how to change what mode the fixture is running in. I have scoured the manual and the internet and cannot seem to turn up any information on this. Please let me know if you need any more information from me. And hopefully this isn't an incredibly stupid question. Thanks Everyone

Hmm sorry folks, sorted my own problem. Manual is just not very clear. Typical though, I have been trying to sort this since we bought them (not very long ago, but still) and as soon as I post a question, I figure it out :rolleyes: Anyway for those that are interested, or have this problem in the future, it is in the menu under Personality - DMX Presetting - Mode 1, 2 etc. Next time I promise it will be something with a bit more substance. Thanks anyway

Thanks for posting to let us know you had found your own solution. Sorry, but I didn't realize from the initial post that your primary question was "How do I change the mode of the fixture?"

I've found matching the mode of the fixture to the personality or library file in the console is one of the most frustrating aspect of dealing with moving lights. (For example, I think the HogII has four different personalities for the VL6B, and the fixture has six different modes. Most users choose the one with the most channels, thinking it must be the best, but this is not always the case, and can waste outputs needlessly.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back