Control/Dimming Reliable but inexpensive wireless DMX

zodiacv1

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good reliable wireless DMX system that will not break the bank. The longest distance I need to throw is 100' with hardly any obstructions.

We've got the Lightronics system at my church. I think it cost us about $2000 for 1 transmitter and 3 receivers. Works perfect so far. We haven't tested further than about 100'.

Edit: The RC4 system from Theater Wireless looks promising as well. Pricing is similar I believe.

Edit 2: Looks like the Theater Wireless might be cheaper. $379 per transceiver. Buy a pair and you're set to go.

Last edited:
A search for "wireless DMX" yields many fine threads on the topic. Since theatrewireless is an CB advertiser, and users have mostly positive reviews, I'd give them the first look. On the other hand, I believe one of our members uses W-DMX™ wherever possible, even where running a cable is viable. City Theatrical's SHoW DMX™ is another option at the top end of the price tier.

Last edited:
While a "DJ" product, Chauvet's second generation D-Fi-Plus wireless is getting very good reviews and is only $ 149.99 per transceiver.

I don't think that reliable, inexpensive, and wireless can go in the same sentence. That being said, I have been using the RC4 system from Theatrewireless.com for a couple years now and it has been great. If you happen to be an educational purchaser, they will give you a discount!

As Derek referred to...we use W-DMX, and have for several years (rental / production). We use it even when we *could* have run a hard line instead. Very convenient...and sometimes helpful when running an actual cable is difficult or impossible.

The only issues we've had were when the antenna couplings have gone bad (probably from the amount of use and coupling and uncoupling they get on a weekly basis) and were in need of repair, then we get some flickering and twitching...but a spare unit or an actual hard line solves that. I think, over maybe about 5 years or so, I seem to recall only once when there was some kind of strange interference that affected things.

Wireless Solution - W-DMX, Lighting Control, Booster, Repeater, ACN & RDM

Not sure about cost...

-Abby

Users who are viewing this thread

Back