Replacement base for Strand Century 2321

The base is part of the lamp.

Looks like you need a tad more than a socket though; you need an entire lamp cap. Many may have been discarded because of the asbestos whip s. Search ebay for a complete fixture; I very rarely see parts.

Slightly alarmed "These Streamy Ladies Will Help you..." advertisement is on two sides of my viewing screen when the photo is viewed in that I'm a good person for surfing in not looking at any such thing. CB tighten up the controls on linked photos?

Got one.
Century/Strand #2321 6x9 Leko (c. post 1970); Has HX-600 G-9.5 Med. 2Pin lamp socket and lamp - should be 500w EGE P-28s Medium Pre-Focus lamp & socket. Gobo slot included. Fixture I have never had a P-28s lamp in it - was designed with a plate to use a G-9.5 socket in not being an upgrade. Radial Base.

G9.5 = Medium 2-Pin (w. Heat Sink for HPL)3/8" o.c. bet. Pins / 9.53mm oc. Bet. Pins 15/16" at top of Skirt and 24mm wide at horz. width Pin Dia is 3.17mm at 11.4mm long. (LCL at Bot of Ceramic/Alum Base - Where Pins Come Out) This is commingly called the TP-22 lamp socket and is commonly available thru a number of sources including the upgraded versions.

So which version do you have the medium pre-focus or the G-9.5? One being like a Fresnel lamp base, the other the more modern bi-pin Leko lamp socket?

I am only seeing three photos with various above links, and none show wiring or lamp socket assembly.

Looking for a replacement base for an old Strand Centry 2321, see photos. Any ideas on where to look?

Check out the thread that discussed this lamp cap in detail (it swerved from Altman to talking about Strand Century):
https://www.controlbooth.com/threads/altman-360-ellipsoidal.41787/
My post is #19 in this and I still have 3 complete Century 1491 fixtures with lamp caps pictured which seems the same as the 2321.
Kind of hate to part the fixtures out but willing to if you need just the caps. If they are what you need, PM me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back