Wireless Shure ULXS4 problems

I had a great weekend where both my wireless Shure unit and wireless Line 6 unit decided to not work for our church services. Line 6 transmitter seems dead, no power lights, and batteries were jammed inside almost like something in the unit blew or expanded. Ill tear it apart. The shure unit is puzzling. The transmitter ULX1 for guitar comes on fine and the receiver comes on fine. I have good RF on the LEDs, have changed to different groups and channels (about half a dozen now) and yet, when you play the acoustic guitar with the system it almost sounds gated, sometimes its fine and sometimes it cuts in and out or doesnt work at all. I have tried different guitars so its not an issue their (both work fine hardwired). The only thing i notice is that the display on the receiver ULXS4 is jumping between antennas a bit (has factory antennas) and the battery indicator on the receiver blinks... almost like it isnt communicating with the transmitter pack. I am going to say its not....

Any ideas of whether the problem is with the transmitter or the receiver? I dont have another of either in that range to test with... and come to think of it would have to find a reference for which group and channel are what frequency anyway. The unit has always been rock solid so i never changed it from day one.... any thoughts would be appreciated. I just dont want to start tearing into the functioning unit of the two if i can avoid it... oh, and i changed the 1/4 to mini input cable for the transmitter (not the problem).

Thanks!!
Jon

With the transmitter turned off, are the RF lights showing any signal?

Which frequency bandsplit is the unit?

No, when its off it shows no RF activity.

Doesn't matter whether I stand right by the unit or go 50 feet away the problem occurs the same way.

M1 off the top of my head upper 600 range I think.

Also tried adjusting the gain on the transmitter pack which doesn't change the problem just makes the RF peak faster as it should. Problem still stands at high or low gain

Thanks!!

is the cable between the guitar and transmitter OK? Does the guitar work plugged directly in? Is the cable between the receiver and the DI or whatever is next OK? Is the XLR to the board ok... might not have anything to do with the wireless unit at all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back