Silly Little Question

Smcl001

Hey CB,

I'm usually so good when it comes to up keep of equipment but my shinning record was destroyed when a few of my Par16 Birdie fixtures came back to shop w/out their adjustment knobs. They were all completely removed from the yoke and not a single person on staff has any idea on the whos or whats of the situation. Anyway I've been searching for replacements and I just can not seem to find any. Does anyone here know of an online production supplier that keeps these tiny devils in stock? I've checked StageSpot and Production Advantage (my normal go tos)... Thanks CB, keep on keeping on!

Are there any markings on the fixtures to identify the manufacturer?

(Just curious if we're looking for metric or SAE threads...)

If you have a sample, I suspect you can find a suitable replacement at Knobs Direct, likely for less than from a theatrical supplier.

Lowe's stocks several knobs in hardware, usually located in blue "Hillman Drawers". Many of the knobs I have come across are identical to the knobs found on 360Q's, 3.5Q's and Source Four's. Maybe you'll get lucky!

Good Old McMaster has over 1500 types of knobs, surely one will be right.
McMaster-Carr

Michael Powers
Project Manager
ETCP Certified Rigger - Theatre
Central Lighting & Equipment Inc.

Assuming from memory, sould be a M4 x say 12mm long metric carriage bolt screw on one side, and a female M4 knob on the other side. Could be wrong but often I'm not as a starting point for replacement.

Other ways to do this also with some leg work. 6-32 parts also work as a replacement with some work if I remember correctly or was that 8-32.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back