small controller choice

Hi

I am looking for a small easy to use controller that will operate my 5, 4 channel analog tree packs. I have a normal 2 scene preset with bump and chase. I am looking for something a bit more programmable. I need to create more effects. I have a small movie coming up and need fire, tv, lightning, flicker, some basic chase etc.

I looked at magic gadgets, man o man expensive, I already have the dimmers just need a versatile way to program them

Any ideas?

First off Welcome to CB! You will find lots of great information here as well as many industry pros! Please post a thread about yourself in the "new members board"!

As far as your question goes I would suggest getting this: ENTTEC - DMX USB PRO
and then using this software with it: ChamSys :: MagicQ Features

Its probably overkill for your needs, but this should do ya right.

You also nay want to consider adding a DMX to analog converter, like this one here. Warning, they can be pricey. Then again it may be cheaper to buy new portable DMX packs than to buy the converter.

I don't think you are going to get decent programmability and analogue in the same device. You should be able to find a DMX-Analogue converter used for not too much and I would recommend combining it with a MagicQ setup. BTW: For fire, TV, and other flickering effects, see if you can rent a Gam Flickermaster SPE-6. They go for $20/wk in my area and I absolutely fell in love with them for fire and film/TV flickering since they take about 5 seconds to set up, are super cheap in the scheme of things, and produce really amazing looking results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back