Sneak Peek :)

Sony

It's coming out rather well don't you think? Today was Audio training, but I got some pictures of other things as well. They hand over the building on June 1st next month. More pictures to come at that time :) Unfortunately I wore shorts to work today and apparently shorts aren't allowed on the construction site. I had to borrow a pair of Jeans from the Costume shop. Haha!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
I hope the door to that half rack against the breaker panel opens all the way.

Looks great. Congratulations.

That's amazing. I can't believe all the nice choices in gear in there. It appears you got really lucky in the spec and bid process to get a lot of good stuff.

One Question.
Why is there three Sensor dimmer racks and then one random Smartpack.
Is it just that you need the extra dimmers but didn't have enough room/money for another full sensor rack?

I don't think that is a SmartPack dimmer. It says SmartLink on it. I'm guessing that it is needed to interface the Sensor+ racks to a SmartLink house light system. Am I right?

A couple of things.

1) can you please rename the title of this thread to "Sneak PEEK". A the top of something, like a mountian peak. A peek, is a look into something, which is what we are talking about here.

Not to be a total A** but grammar and spelling are becoming lost arts these days and they shouldn't be.

2) the SmartPack you see, is in actuality a SmartSwitch. It's just a DMX controlled relay rack. Typically these are used to power 120 or 208 volt moving light circuits in a space like this. I can't speak to if that's what is actually going on - but that's what they are usually used for.

...is in actuality a SmartSwitch. It's just a DMX controlled relay rack. Typically these are used to power 120 or 208 volt moving light circuits in a space like this. I can't speak to if that's what is actually going on - but that's what they are usually used for.

Right... umm... now I feel dumb!:oops: I meant to say SmartSwitch, but it came out Smart Link for some reason and I got stuck on that. I would agree that it is likely to be used for ML/PSU circuits, which have to be non-dimmed and for the convenience of being able to turn them on and off. Thanks for the correction!

A couple of things.

1) can you please rename the title of this thread to "Sneak PEEK". A the top of something, like a mountian peak. A peek, is a look into something, which is what we are talking about here.

Not to be a total A** but grammar and spelling are becoming lost arts these days and they shouldn't be.

2) the SmartPack you see, is in actuality a SmartSwitch. It's just a DMX controlled relay rack. Typically these are used to power 120 or 208 volt moving light circuits in a space like this. I can't speak to if that's what is actually going on - but that's what they are usually used for.

Whoops, sorry about that, I am usually a huge grammar nazi, I can't believe I missed that. It was 3am when I posted this though, I don't think my brain was functioning all that well.

You are also correct! That SmartPack is a SmartSwitch with 20, 20amp relays. They are being used to supply and control power to the HMI House Lights and the LED's, All of the acoustical panels you see in the first photo on the left and right walls are all backlit by architectural RGBW LED units. The relays turn them on and off, as well as the HMI lamps in the house lights (The incandescents are dimmer controlled.) All movers in the future will be powered by the 400 amp CAM-LOK panel on the back wall. While touring sound power will be provided by the 200 amp panel with Isolated Ground.

The Reason we have 3 Sensor+ racks and not two is, this first SR24 rack is the rack for our smaller theatre which I didn't post pictures of yet, it has 48 dimmers. The other two racks are the dimmers for the big theatre which has 144 Dimmers. The breaker panel is a good 12 inches away from the Sensor Rack so yes the door opens all the way.

The new lighting console is an ETC Ion with a 2x10 fader wing and one monitor. The entire theatre is wired with ETCNet3, no DMX at all, we have 6 Touring ETC Nodes for DMX where we need it and the lighting network has plugs all over the place including 2 for each electric and everything is POE.

Huge props to Chris Souza and Kathleen Maynard from ALPS in Randolph, MA for helping consult on this job and getting us probably THE most technologically advanced High School Theatre's in the country.

Last edited:
Actually - this is a pretty standard set up for new high schools around here. When we go back and renovate this is pretty much the standard that schools in Texas are brought to - especially 5A schools.

*jealousy*

It's ok guys. Believe it or not, one day, high school will be over!

Ok, seriously? Who installs patch panels in a rack with a door? And what is up with that 18" mult jumper? That one SR24 rack is awfully close to the breaker panel. That looks like it's cutting working clearence to the bone. :shock:

Very nice theater! I am a bit jealous myself!

Ok, seriously? Who installs patch panels in a rack with a door? And what is up with that 18" mult jumper? That one SR24 rack is awfully close to the breaker panel. That looks like it's cutting working clearence to the bone. :shock:

Very nice theater! I am a bit jealous myself!

Hopefully that door is coming off soon! How's it look on the non-ETCNet networking front? Any Cat5 tie-ins around?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back