Sneak Peek :)

We don't, we asked for a lot of stuff assuming the school board would tell us to cut back our numbers in order to reduce the price, so we ordered way more than we needed. The call to cut things never came and therefore we got everything we asked for.

That being said....I'm sure I can find a way to use them all. We do have two theatres to use, I haven't posted anything about the second theatre for specific reasons which I can not get into. There will be pictures and things eventually, but not for a while.

Currently we are organizing and finding storage space for all of our stuff.

I can think of plenty of places to use 400 source 4s. I wanted about 250 for my show last year, only ended up hanging 75, but still.

We've been using between 10 and 25 wireless mics (we own around 15 of em) on a Yamaha LS9-32, and I've always thought that we're fairly spoiled for a high school theatre sound-wise. Being a lighting person I'm not as knowledgeable on sound, so I might be wrong.

As for the 400 Source 4s, I wish we had more than 8. I'm tired of seeing bits of rust fall out when adjusting the shutters on our 5/50s, and the heat from those things is a real pain. The best part is that they're all way overdue for a bench focus, and we don't have a fly system.

Seeing as our entire inventory consists of about 35 instruments I would love a source 4 or two ;) And we have a pretty good size stage for our small inventory, we are lucky we only use the front half of the stage for musicals, or at least the main parts of them do because all I can give backstage is a wash with some cycs.

Chris-
I'm with you on the 5/50s :)
I do not think they have ever been bench focused not to mention they are not in the correct order (we have varius degree ones I assume you do aswell) on our foh beam and we are in the same boat as you with it being mounted to the cieling. Although we have a rather short cieling, we only have a large A-frame to get to them X_X. So needless to say it's hard to adjust them nearly impossible to move them around, so this summer during some upgrades I am going to see if we can do a very needed focus and re hang of our foh 5/50s. Would be easier when schools out.

No, and there wont be for a long time, we have run into unexpected issues with the flex space which I am not privy to divulge. Until it's fixed I cannot give out any information regarding it, all I will say is the problems are major and may take months to fix.

Sorry for not being active with this thread, we have been very busy getting our shop ready and starting the first show build for our opening production of The Skin of our Teeth on November 4th. We are also not going to post the full specifications for the theatres until we are ready to start accepting space rentals, which wont be until January. This is the decision of the higher ups in my department and not mine so I must follow them.

You've got a great spaced there Trevor. I will say this---I saw your school on Good Morning America a few weeks ago a bit about hundred-million-dollar high schools being built in economically hard times. Let's say it wasn't light-hearted towards the concept.

You've got a great spaced there Trevor. I will say this---I saw your school on Good Morning America a few weeks ago a bit about hundred-million-dollar high schools being built in economically hard times. Let's say it wasn't light-hearted towards the concept.

Second on having a great space and my high school is being rebuilt at a tad under $70 million. But with the down economy, low bids are available for construction as they want work.

If anyone wishes to come see our large space, please feel free to come see our opening show, The Skin of our Teeth by Thornton Wilder which opens on November 4th. I wont be able to personally give you a tour of the spaces but you can see everything of interest pretty well from the front of the stage and you may be able to catch me (provided I am actually there, sometimes I am not) and ask me questions, I am the tall bulky guy in all black who looks like he might be a little too old to be a high school student but not old enough to be a teacher. I will probably be walking around on stage after the show to clean up. :)

Theatre Ink : Newton North's Teaching and Working Theatre

Second on having a great space and my high school is being rebuilt at a tad under $70 million. But with the down economy, low bids are available for construction as they want work.
After all, the construction workers, Architects, etc. do have to pay for those schools! ;)

Seriously, at least part of the justification for such expenditures is that it generates jobs and income, immediately in terms of design and construction people, longer term for educators and administrators and longest term for students. Of course one of the questions is often how much of that investment goes to people who then return that support to that school district financially and in other ways. In a bit of irony, one company I worked for could not get work for the school district where I live because the company was based in another county, yet we had actually more employees paying property taxes here than in the county where the office was located. Conversely, companies with offices in this county got projects here even if no one actually lived in the county. I've seen state projects where firms opened an 'office', often one part time employee or even a shared office space, in that state just to qualify for specific state bids.

We open with Eurydice on December 9th in that space, hopefully I can get some pictures of the production up then. :)

HA! I have more wireless than 20...oh wait. Mine don't WORK...because my district won't pay to FIX THEM! Maintenance, Maintenance, Maintenance.

Congrats, and I hope the district keeps everything well kept. You spoiled people. GRR!

I can't ever go back to my theatre after seeing this...a loading gallery that is actually in the right spot...wireless of a GOOD brand...(the DA's look kinda funny, do they all go back to 2 antennae, no, not possible [possible yes preferred no...]...I hope they gave you two band-splits on those!)

I'm so jealous...(envious...whatever!).

Congrats, and good luck with your first opening show.

HA! I have more wireless than 20...oh wait. Mine don't WORK...because my district won't pay to FIX THEM! Maintenance, Maintenance, Maintenance.

Congrats, and I hope the district keeps everything well kept. You spoiled people. GRR!

I can't ever go back to my theatre after seeing this...a loading gallery that is actually in the right spot...wireless of a GOOD brand...(the DA's look kinda funny, do they all go back to 2 antennae, no, not possible [possible yes preferred no...]...I hope they gave you two band-splits on those!)

I'm so jealous...(envious...whatever!).

Congrats, and good luck with your first opening show.

Unfotunately yes there are only two directional Antenna's that all 20 wireless mics are fed through. However, they are spread across at least 3 bands I believe if not just 2. They definitely came in and did an RF Spectrum sweep and programmed all the wireless mics to unused/lightly used frequencies. We have yet to have interference issues and it all seems to work really well :) This however isn't our opening show, this is just the first show in that small theatre. Our opening show in the new facility was in the larger theatre and has come and gone.

Unfotunately yes there are only two directional Antenna's that all 20 wireless mics are fed through. However, they are spread across at least 3 bands I believe if not just 2. They definitely came in and did an RF Spectrum sweep and programmed all the wireless mics to unused/lightly used frequencies. We have yet to have interference issues and it all seems to work really well :) This however isn't our opening show, this is just the first show in that small theatre. Our opening show in the new facility was in the larger theatre and has come and gone.

:eek: my bad! (again!)

haha.

cool stuff, none the less.! :]

We open with Eurydice on December 9th in that space, hopefully I can get some pictures of the production up then. :)
How did Eurydice go? That's an incredible play for a black box. Did you make it rain in the elevator? Love to see some pictures...

How did Eurydice go? That's an incredible play for a black box. Did you make it rain in the elevator? Love to see some pictures...

It was amazing! and yes, we built a full river with water and made it rain in the elevator to the underworld. I'm waiting for pictures myself, we had a photographer come in an take pictures and I'm waiting to get the CD of them.

How did skin of our teeth go? What were the sets like
We did it at our theatre but It didn't go very well

Did you ever find out what those three orange lights are on the side of the proscenium?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back