Source 4 question

You might be thinking of the extension offered for using I-Cues with scrollers. It extends the length of the I-Cue a small amount (6 or 8 inches) so you can fit a scroller between the I-Cue and the gel frame. Kind of outmoded now that we've got Lustrs and ColorSource Profiles and all.

I prefer irises that use 4 pin instead of separate power and data lines, because it gets very crowded up there very quickly, but the two units are nowhere near each other.

You might be thinking of the extension offered for using I-Cues with scrollers. It extends the length of the I-Cue a small amount (6 or 8 inches) so you can fit a scroller between the I-Cue and the gel frame. Kind of outmoded now that we've got Lustrs and ColorSource Profiles and all.

You don't want 16 or so unique cuts of frost available on your LED? :) More seriously, I've found a single clutch on a source 4 can't keep the weight of an i-cue, scroller, and iris in place.

Is there enough room for use both a Rosco DMX Iris and Rosco I Cue at the same time?

If not, is there an extension work-a-round available?

TIA.
Rosco offers a short extension which bolts on and pushes the mirror just a little further out if you want to fit a scroller. If you're not using a scroller you don't need the extension. They also offer irises several ways, most iris tighter as DMX values decrease while one irises wide open with a DMX value of zero. The iris goes in the gobo slot while the I-Mirror goes in one of the gel slots. Use a good gel protector / heat shield if you're using a scroller. The heat shield can live in the color slot behind the scroller. Devoting two channels to pan and two more to tilt gains excellent resolution and makes the steps unnoticeable. Seven channels: 2 for pan, 2 for tilt, 1 for the iris, 1 for the scroller and 1 for the dimmer. The scroller makes a bit of noise, the I-Mirrors are essentially silent. If you plan on using two I-Mirrors and want to use them on the same actor at the same time (A full body shot and a head shot for example) consider hanging them face to face so the mirrors are as close as possible to occupying the same physical space. Of course two mirrors can't actually occupy precisely the same space but you'll find they actually track amazingly well this way.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

Do you have a link? I can't find it on Rosco's site. Thanks.

Do you have a link? I can't find it on Rosco's site. Thanks.
If I'm recalling correctly, the mechanical extension for the I-Mirror was called the Broadway extender. A previous poster mentioned it was 6" to 8" long but I'm recalling it as much shorter, more like 2 to 2-1/2". If it extended the mirror very far, beams would shoot past the surface of the mirror. I'll check Rosco's site and edit this post if I find a reference to the extender.
Edit: This should take you to a page on Rosco's site where they refer to the existence of the extender for the I-Mirror. They refer to it in print but I didn't see a current part number for it.
http://us.rosco.com/en/product/i-cue-intelligent-mirror
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

Last edited:
If I'm recalling correctly, the mechanical extension for the I-Mirror was called the Broadway extender. A previous poster mentioned it was 6" to 8" long but I'm recalling it as much shorter, more like 2 to 2-1/2". If it extended the mirror very far, beams would shoot past the surface of the mirror. I'll check Rosco's site and edit this post if I find a reference to the extender.
Edit: This should take you to a page on Rosco's site where they refer to the existence of the extender for the I-Mirror. They refer to it in print but I didn't see a current part number for it.
Edit 2: Here's a quote referring to the I-Cue's scroller bracket from Rosco's site: "An accessory bracket, the "Broadway Mounting Kit" extends the mirror head out from the color slot over the scroller body in instances where the scroller is not capable of holding the I-Cue directly."
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

The four S4's. I Que's, Chroma Q Plus' and DMX Iris' were for a long time customer of mine. Only paperwork crossed my desk.
Please let us know what your customer thinks of the I-Cues after they've used them for a while. I quite like them but I may be a little biased.
Toodleoo
Ron Hebbard.

Please let us know what your customer thinks of the I-Cues after they've used them for a while. I quite like them but I may be a little biased.
Toodleoo
Ron Hebbard.

An unsolicited opinion here, I've had mine for a couple of months now and they gotten me out of a lot of pinches. I'm quite happy with then.

I love my I-cues, handy thing to have in my toolbox as it were. Need to get some irises (borrowed/rented before) and some LED source 4s one of these days.

Do I want to use them for every show? No
Do I think that they can be an awesome tool? YES!

Ive used them as specials, also as automated followspots in venues where I can't really have a follow spot or such. So handy. 5 shows in 6 months that Ive used them for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back