Conventional Fixtures Source for old two-pin connectors?

I'm guessing you would prefer one without a hole drilled out to accept the ground pin?

Here's a line I never thought I'd say, "Sorry I don't have any old females to spare."

(More information than you probably ever wanted to know at the Collaborative Article: Connectors, Stage Pin.)

Objectivist, you're in Denver? I'd be very surprised if The Opera Shop didn't have some in dead storage somewhere.

Last edited:
i might have. ill have to look. if i dont post back here by say tue, i forgot -send me a PM to remind me.

Here's a line I never thought I'd say, "Sorry I don't have any old females to spare."

(More information than you probably ever wanted to know at the Collaborative Article: Connectors, Stage Pin.)

At first I failed to notice anything past your first sentence.

I never thought I'd need another old female, so this is a surprising day for both of us.

And thanks for the link to the article. The level of detail is amazing.

I honestly think I might be able to get my hands on one. If I can how would you feel about sending or buying me a nice new bates pro pin in exchange?

Sent from my HTC Liberty

If I can get what I need, that would be a fair exchange. For my purposes, I need both connectors to match -- do you have two of the same?

Please give me a part number or a link to the Bates connector you want.

I'm at the beach right now and will be back in town in a day or two, but let me be 100% sure I have one before you do anything.

I was in contact with Union Connector on Friday on a different matter and inquired about the older style of plug. Sorry, no longer made and long gone from inventory. Expect the same for the female.

I know I have a bunch of the at least three pin females both personally and at work... perhaps a trade for males that I'm short of for my own museum? (Contact by PM.)

On the other hand, just as I did, at some point the plug currently in use is not mattering just as with having removed the asbestos in making the fixture safe. At some point in a collection, I doubt the details of plugs will be important. On the other hand if you have collection of lights having un-grounded union plugs... that does concern as it also probably means the whips out of them are asbestos That's a bad thing to retain. I would hope this connector wish doesn't mean you are also using asbestos fixture whip cables. This much less, nothing wrong with upgrading the fixtures for a ground - a ground is a good thing.

Loose the two pin - who are you being accurate for anyway? Instead, re-wire, ground and go with safely wired fixtures that won't cause potential health issues for the viewers in your pesentation.

Well I knew I had a 2 pin plug floating around in my box of assorted junk, unfortunately it is male. Anyone interested?

Last edited:
i've got about five, let me know if you still want one.

If gafftapegreenia can't help me out, then I'd be glad to snag one from you. Thanks!

Funny thing...

I came across a couple today during preseason cleaning. One is a Female two-pin, not drilled out, no wire/cable attached. It is the newer hard black plastic, not the older 'wood' or whatever the substance was. The other has been drilled out.

They're available if desired. I also have some of the two-pin to three-pin adaptor blocks, no longer in constant use here.

Funny thing...

I came across a couple today during preseason cleaning. One is a Female two-pin, not drilled out, no wire/cable attached. It is the newer hard black plastic, not the older 'wood' or whatever the substance was. The other has been drilled out.

They're available if desired. I also have some of the two-pin to three-pin adaptor blocks, no longer in constant use here.

Thanks, I appreciate the reply, but I'm looking for a couple of the authentic old-style females.

Thanks, I appreciate the reply, but I'm looking for a couple of the authentic old-style females.

Yep, that's what I figgered.

I wouldn't mind a couple authentic old-style females myself :!::rolleyes:

:cool:

I'm guessing you would prefer one without a hole drilled out to accept the ground pin?

Objectivist, you're in Denver? I'd be very surprised if The Opera Shop didn't have some in dead storage somewhere.

Actually I'd be suprised if Opera Shop or InnoGroup or whatever their name is these days has one laying around. DCPA might have one attached to an old light somewhere, or better yet you might give the TD at the Macky out in Boulder a call.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back