Strand 300 help! Slow response?

PacDude

Hi 'all. I have a Strand Series 300 lightboard with Lightpalette and Genius Pro installed. The problem is that th eboard constantly freezes up on me and when I tuen it off then back on, and whenever I turn it back on for that matter, it takes forever (two - 3 hours) for the dimmers to reach full capacity. If I have the dimmers programmed into a sub, then the sub works fine and the light go to full when asked to, but if trying to set levels with the console, no go or should I say, go slo! I can hit 15@FULL * and the lights will go to full, just the sliders don't work except on the control console. Any suggestions? I already had to have the control console repaired once. Thanks!!

Chances are you have some kind of timing set for the physical faders. Chances are it was set inadvertently.

However, some of what you say doesn't make sense. When you say that you have the dimmer programmed into a sub, I assume that you mean a sub that is on the console. You say that works correctly? You also say that if you key in a channel at a level that works fine. So what do you mean when you say:
PacDude said:
but if trying to set levels with the console, no go or should I say, go slo!

The more details that you can give the more help we can be.

Thanks for responding so quickly. I have a control console that has the numbers on it and x/y faders and "live""patch""setup" etc. Then I have three other units daisychained into the main control console. Each of those has faders (I think 24 on each unit (the unit folds for portability so there are 12 on the bottom and 12 on the top). I can set a two scene preset or 1 scene and subs etc. So when it is not frozen, I can use the subs that have been programmed and on the main control console I can key in the numbers, but on the rest of the board,(ie the other modules with all of the other faders) it takes a couple of hours before the lights assoc with each fader can be brought up to full. I can push the fader up to full, but the light will illuminate only 1%, then a few minutes later 2%, then an hour later 35%, until finally they work properly. This is only when I first boot up the board. After that, the faders work perfectly until the whole board freezes.

Hi PacDude,

A couple of things you can try. Check in your "SUB" screen and verify that all of the submasters are "PILEON" and then on the same line make sure there are no time values associated with any of the subs. After that go back to "LIVE" and push a button over the left hand set of X/Y Faders labeled "MODE", it'll give you 6 options visible on the bottom of your screen & in the LCD on that panel. I recommend "AUTOFADE" so that you can program easily from the keypad and then use the go button to run the show. The other thing that you might check is the patch and determine if everything is patched and profiled correctly.

More information can be found here:
Support Documents | Strand Lighting - A Philips Group Brand

There are 2 faders to the top right of the bottom control pannel (the one with the keypad), with "Fade Time" or words to that effect, one is fade up time, one is fade down time, my guess is that both of these have been put to 1 hour or somthing by someone without noticing.
Nick

You're awesome, dude. That did the trick. The faders were at infinity! I can't wait that long for the faders to work, gosh, I'm already 46 and my family dies at the mid-80's. Infinity! Yikes. Thanks for your help.:grin::!:

Looks like you are going to have to go
proxy.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back